Old 11-10-2021, 02:38 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE DEVIL'S WEDDING NIGHT-1973. Deliriously goofy tale of twin brothers, the more carefree one visiting a castle with a bad reputation. Of course, going to a castle in any horror movie is recipe for evil thoughts and evil doings I liked this and feel it's worth a look or two. With Mark Damon (PIT AND THE PENDULUM, CRYPT OF THE LIVING DEAD) and ultra hot Rosaba Neri (who was also in LADY FRANKENSTEIN). ***
I will be looking this one up. It does sound quite good.
Old 11-12-2021, 01:37 AM
Evil Dead

VAULT OF HORROR (1973). I believe this was the last of Amicus's anthology films (??) and while it has its moments, it's truly the least, with THE HOUSE THAT DRIPPED BLOOD, ASYLUM and TALES FROM THE CRYPT just kicking its ass (Not seen TORTURE GARDEN, so can't comment on that). With the many first rate EC stories to pick from. this should have been much better. Still, like all the others, VOH has a first rate cast, which helps. Best story for Me is the second with Terry-Thomas as an incredibly anal Neat Freak; others don't pack the same punch, although there are good moments. **1/2
Old 11-12-2021, 12:31 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
The velvet vampire
Old 11-12-2021, 12:59 PM
Evil Dead

The last 80s horror movie I watched was The Burning.
Old 11-19-2021, 04:00 AM
Evil Dead

DRAGONSLAYER (1981). Don't pass this by because of the Disney name...extremely gritty and well made . A King has entered into a bargain to keep a Dragon at bay and some of the locals enlist the aid of a sorcerer for help and end up getting his apprentice instead. I'm sure parents expecting the usual Disney film for their children were dismayed to find somewhat gruesome parts and brief nudity (important to the plot and not for sensationalism) as well as the Dragon itself...magnificent work done to create it. Very recommended. ****
Old 11-19-2021, 07:11 PM
ventricle

Quote:
DRAGONSLAYER (1981). Don't pass this by because of the Disney name...extremely gritty and well made . A King has entered into a bargain to keep a Dragon at bay and some of the locals enlist the aid of a sorcerer for help and end up getting his apprentice instead. I'm sure parents expecting the usual Disney film for their children were dismayed to find somewhat gruesome parts and brief nudity (important to the plot and not for sensationalism) as well as the Dragon itself...magnificent work done to create it. Very recommended. ****
Saw on the big screen. Excellent film. Really has a unique look and feel to me. Impressive effects.

I don't think it's a great film, as the story has off-kilter feel through out, and the ending not exactly leaving a great satisfying feeling. It's been a long time since I've seen it (and only twice)... I think the reason for the off-kilter feeling is partly because the characters are not intimately understood; or otherwise lack backstories, depth or superseding great performances which make them innately understandable. Just my opinion.

Kinda funny, I saw Dragonslayer as part of a double-feature with my folks, and my brother and I each brought a friend. The next film was Body Heat... so my folks walked us out pretty quick into the film. A friend of the family recommended Body Heat to my folks, and it was a good film, but I don't think they knew anyone was planning on bringing kids to it. Also not a proper double-feature matching.

Old 11-26-2021, 03:05 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Saw on the big screen. Excellent film. Really has a unique look and feel to me. Impressive effects.

I don't think it's a great film, as the story has off-kilter feel through out, and the ending not exactly leaving a great satisfying feeling. It's been a long time since I've seen it (and only twice)... I think the reason for the off-kilter feeling is partly because the characters are not intimately understood; or otherwise lack backstories, depth or superseding great performances which make them innately understandable. Just my opinion.

Kinda funny, I saw Dragonslayer as part of a double-feature with my folks, and my brother and I each brought a friend. The next film was Body Heat... so my folks walked us out pretty quick into the film. A friend of the family recommended Body Heat to my folks, and it was a good film, but I don't think they knew anyone was planning on bringing kids to it. Also not a proper double-feature matching.
I saw DRAGONSLAYER on a big screen as well...a few years after its release at a Matinee and quite impressive.

That IS quite an odd Double Bill...BODY HEAT was pretty spicy with what I remember...definitely not for Kiddies
Old 11-26-2021, 08:42 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Deathdream
Old 11-28-2021, 01:18 AM
Evil Dead

TRILOGY OF TERROR (1975)
Old 11-28-2021, 09:01 PM
ventricle

Quote:
TRILOGY OF TERROR (1975)
Did you know this was written by Richard Matheson, who also wrote the stories for movies to be I Am Legend, The Incredible Shrinking Man, The Legend of Hell House, Somewhere in Time and A Stir of Echoes?