Old 07-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Sword-Weilding Scarecrow Gets Gassed

Tense Standoff In Colfax

Authorities surround home for eight hours

Colfax, California- A mentally ill man who allegedly threatened to kill a neighbor barricaded himself for eight hours in his North Foresthill Street home Thursday before Placer County sheriff's deputies shot tear gas inside and subdued him.

Robert Paul Medina, 32, was described as "psychotic" by Placer County Sheriff's Department officials. The deputies arrived to his home at 7:15 a.m. after Medina allegedly threatened to kill his neighbor, whose name was not released, according to sheriff's deputies.

After communicating by a bullhorn, deputies used a robot at around noon to bring Medina a phone linked to the department's hostage negotiations team.

No one else was inside the house located in the 100 block of North Foresthill Street, sheriff's officials said. Living room furniture, including a chair and a stereo and a painting, could be seen displayed in a temple-like fashion on the front lawn.

"I love you," Medina hollered, as California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection firefighters wheeled him into an ambulance for medical treatment to cuts to his right arm. Medina's injuries occurred when he broke an upstairs window after sheriff's Special Enforcement Team members shot tear gas into the house at 3:15 p.m.

After receiving medical treatment, Medina was booked at the Placer County Jail in Auburn, according to the Sheriff's Department press release.

Thursday's incident was not the first run-in Medina has had with law enforcement officers. Medina is wanted on a $45,000 warrant for alleged spousal abuse, aggravated assault and false imprisonment, according to the Sheriff's Department.

Recently, Medina allegedly fled California Highway Patrol officers on a frontage road near Colfax, as he wore a scarecrow cap and carried a sword, said California Highway Patrol Officer Mike Ketterer.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 07-04-2005, 07:18 AM
Banned

good thing i'm not a cop ..

8 hours is way too long .. after a couple i'd lose patience - walk into the house and just shoot the asshole ..

(i have to pick up my kid from daycare !)
Old 07-07-2005, 05:47 PM
I'M 37!!!

Why does this sound like a plot for a movie? I mean, this is a strong crime here, but it sounds too much like a B horror movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!