Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music

Old 03-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Banned

the question was: What songs had you heard from them? I didn't dispute that you'd heard them, I was curious as to what the songs were. It seems as though you're the only person who has a problem with the question. Stop assuming that I'm starting an argument for asking a simple question. Watch this:

Hey, William, what songs have you heard by Rod Stewart?
Old 03-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
the question was: What songs had you heard from them? I didn't dispute that you'd heard them, I was curious as to what the songs were. It seems as though you're the only person who has a problem with the question. Stop assuming that I'm starting an argument for asking a simple question. Watch this:

Yeah, but that is not the point of the thread. It is simply for your idea of what the 10 worst Band or groups are. This is not a debating thread. Oh, and Rod Stewart isnt a band or group, he is a solo act. And I only like one song by him, the rest suck. But that is not the point of the topic, once again.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:18 PM
You go girlfriend!

Send a message via AIM to William Send a message via Yahoo to William
Quote:

I don't remember all of the names, but I remember listening to "Blind Prayer", "It's all Over Now", "Sailing Away (i think that's what it's called)", "Still Love You", "Tonight's the Night"...and a few others. My mother and aunt loves him, so they play his music non-stop. I've heard enough to know that he's not that great of a singer, in my opinion at least.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Banned

who's debating? I just wanted to know what songs you'd heard by a particular group. You're the one who turned it into a debate. If you'd just said "Oh, I heard *insert song title here* and *insert another song title her*", I'd have said "Oh, okay" if that much.

And okay, if solo artists don't count:
Huey Lewis and the News
NSync
Sha Na Na
Gwar
the group that did that song Brackish (or was Brackish their name?)
New Kids On The Block
(HED) P.E.
Genesis (Although Peter Gabriel's solo stuff is great)
American Hi-Fi
Hanson
You go girlfriend!

Quote:
Originally posted by SFF
Yeah, but that is not the point of the thread. It is simply for your idea of what the 10 worst Band or groups are. This is not a debating thread. Oh, and Rod Stewart isnt a band or group, he is a solo act. And I only like one song by him, the rest suck. But that is not the point of the topic, once again.
If it makes you feel any better, I was halfway asleep when I came on last night and misread the title of the topic. I am sorry for straying from your topic's intentions.
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by William
I don't remember all of the names, but I remember listening to "Blind Prayer", "It's all Over Now", "Sailing Away (i think that's what it's called)", "Still Love You", "Tonight's the Night"...and a few others. My mother and aunt loves him, so they play his music non-stop. I've heard enough to know that he's not that great of a singer, in my opinion at least.
Yeah, his voice can be a bit grating...to say the least. By the way, did Zwan do anything outside the Spun soundtrack? Cause that's the first I'd heard of them and I can't find anything they did outside of that.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:22 PM
You go girlfriend!

Quote:
Yeah, his voice can be a bit grating...to say the least. By the way, did Zwan do anything outside the Spun soundtrack? Cause that's the first I'd heard of them and I can't find anything they did outside of that.
I'm pretty sure they released their own CD, I could be wrong though. I didn't know they did anything on the Spun soundtrack though.

Edit: I looked it up and yeah, they did. The CD is called: "Mary Star of the Sea".

Last edited by William; 03-12-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they released their own CD, I could be wrong though. I didn't know they did anything on the Spun soundtrack though.
They did the cover of Number of the Beast that played over the opening credits (this is assuming that you've seen the movie). They collaberated some with Billy Corgan on it, too. The Spun soundtrack stuff may be a lot better than their regular stuff, though, I haven't heard it. I like the Spun stuff, though.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:27 PM
You go girlfriend!

Quote:
They did the cover of Number of the Beast that played over the opening credits (this is assuming that you've seen the movie). They collaberated some with Billy Corgan on it, too. The Spun soundtrack stuff may be a lot better than their regular stuff, though, I haven't heard it. I like the Spun stuff, though.
I haven't heard that. I've heard "Honestly" by them, which really is a bad song in my opinion, as well as "Come With Me" and "Endless Summer". I do like the Smashing Pumpkins though, I just think Zwan was a bad idea.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually, some people probably will add someone like Good Charlotte to their list because they've only heard one song by them, most likely being "Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous" or even haven't heard of them at all, but just want to "go along with the crowd". I've seen it done before on other forums.
Well, in the case of Good Charlotte, one song is all it takes for me to hate them. Its not like I'm going to go out and get in line with a bunch of teenage girls, and waste 20 bucks on their shitty album just so I can hear more of what I don't like.