Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies

Old 09-25-2010, 07:46 AM
HDC Idol

Hey - Welcome to the forum! Glad to have another Asian horror fan aboard - This forum needs more action.

Have you seen Noroko's Dinner Table?

My next action item is to watch it so that I can expand the discussion in this thread.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Scares Little Kids

Unfortunately, I have not seen Noroko's Dinner Table.

I do however own:
A Tale of Two Sisters
Whispering Corridors
Tokyo Gore Police
Audition
Ju-on
Ringu
Suicide Club
Battle Royale
Jian Gui (The Eye)
Shutter

There are probably a few others that I have left out.

The three that really stood out to me are A Tale of Two Sisters, Audition, and Shutter.

Shutter might be the most terrifying movie I have ever seen. Call me a wimp, but it was seriously incredibly scary.

Audition was really disturbing. The innocence/torture combination is something to behold.

I saw A Tale of Two Sisters quite a while ago, but it really gave me the creeps back when I saw it. It certainly scared me enough not to watch it again. I heard the recent American movie, The Uninvited, is based off of this, or maybe even a remake? I'm not really sure. I did however watch it and I thought it was decent.

"We are fascinated by the darkness in ourselves, we are fascinated by the shadow, we are fascinated by the boogeyman." - Anthony Hopkins
Old 09-26-2010, 11:20 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe View Post

Shutter might be the most terrifying movie I have ever seen. Call me a wimp, but it was seriously incredibly scary.
You're not a wimp at all - It's a damn creepy movie. I watched it alone at a hotel room, streaming it on my computer and I had to watch it with the lights on.

Yes, The Uninvited is a remake of A tale of Two Sisters, so I've steered clear of the remake completely. I thought that the original was definitely atmospheric and creepy - I thought the end was a little silly, but the movie itself is good.

If you really liked A Tale of Two Sisters, you might want to check out The Red Shoes. It's also Korean and a ghost story - It runs a little long and gets silly toward the end, but I really liked it.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Little Mew

The topic of suicide isn't really relevant to us felines.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:03 AM
Scares Little Kids

Unfortunately, my cat ran away a few months ago, and to be quite honest with you, I would do anything to get him back. I would sacrifice one of my arms to get him back. I really did love him, and it is quite unfortunate that he ran away. So is life though, I cannot do anything about it. Grieving forever will not solve the problem, so I must move on.

Still though, nothing will diminish my lust for horror movies. They are my love!

I plan on watching "Killer Pad" directed by Robert Englund in the next few days. I have heard it is horrible. Regardless though, I will be sure to let you all know how it is. Until next time!

"We are fascinated by the darkness in ourselves, we are fascinated by the shadow, we are fascinated by the boogeyman." - Anthony Hopkins
Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Little Mew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
Unfortunately, my cat ran away a few months ago, and to be quite honest with you, I would do anything to get him back. I would sacrifice one of my arms to get him back. I really did love him, and it is quite unfortunate that he ran away. So is life though, I cannot do anything about it. Grieving forever will not solve the problem, so I must move on.
Sorry to hear about your cat. :( I'll spread the word amongst our community that you miss him and that he should go home.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley666 View Post
Sorry to hear about your cat. :( I'll spread the word amongst our community that you miss him and that he should go home.
Why do you always have to make it about you?

Old 10-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Little Mew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Why do you always have to make it about you?
Shut up and get me my dinner.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Little Boo

Suicide Club

Ichi, ni, san, jump -
Kiss the train tracks with my teeth
Send my roll of skin