Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-15-2015, 07:49 PM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Yeah...liked them both but Odd Thomas gained few more points for the ending, IMO. Loved that.
Oh man, I was completely crushed. When the friends stop by to tell him to let go I actually shouted "Oh no!"
Old 10-16-2015, 05:50 AM
Evil Dead

Exorcism of Molly Hartley 7/10
Old 10-16-2015, 06:09 AM
No Tears Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Yeah...liked them both but Odd Thomas gained few more points for the ending, IMO. Loved that.
I hate to be that guy, but did you read the books? This is one of the few book adaptations I have seen that is actually damn near dead on accurate. Like scene for scene damn near perfect. The movie was excellent. The only thing that's strange that they left out was something I would think would have been easy to make part of the movie was Elvis's ghost. Its actually a huge part of the book that Elvis's ghost stays with him for a large chunk of the story and in the movie he was reduced to a cardboard cutout in Odd's apartment. Otherwise A++++ movie.

The People (short story) ---- http://www.inkitt.com/stories/10686

Trapped (Short Story) ---- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624905

The End : A Short Glimpse (Flash Fiction) --- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624912

Fear Awakens (novel) ----- Recently Restarted
Old 10-16-2015, 06:33 AM
Evil Dead

THE WOLFMAN (2010). OK effort, but was left unsatisfied by this, despite all the good things going for it. just don't see BDT as a lycanthrope and was kind of hoping Claude Rains would show up with that silver cane! **1/2
Old 10-16-2015, 03:00 PM
病気の

The Green Inferno, 2015. 6/10

Thumb resize.

This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Fuckin' CGI when applied into films fucks everything up, then throw in some 'comedy' elements. If you can't give a film a FX without using CGI..don't do it. Every computer generated effect could have been left out or in some cases practical could have been used. Cut away editing, in that I mean..gonna scoop a guys eye out, cut away..show the scene that was filmed at another time, cut back to said eye in persons mouth. No good. Ahh, fuck it.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:53 PM
Evil Dead

The Diabolical 2015

Husband died. Son acting out. Mom having major financial problems. Scary shit happening in their home.
Dislike CGI? This film has some really great prosthetics. The elements that could be done by CGI, not familiar enough to say, work very well. Seems more like they used filming tricks than computer created graphics.
The story unfolds piece by piece and I was able to pick up on hints to understand the story before things happen, but not in an annoying way or having to work to find the hints, thus taking you out of the movie.
Acting is average. It was also to nice to see someone of, Indian?, heritage not playing a doctor or terrorist. Characters not being type-cast by race/ethnicity make me happy.

What you figure out and is explained towards the end is not something you expect to happen in the first half of the film. Somethings didn't fit, but most of it worked well.

5.5/10. Keep in mind I'm hard to please so that's a high rating. I'd recommend it. I also suggest not watching the trailer, but if you want some idea then just watch 15 seconds. I didn't watch further and it might end up ruining the end of the story.

Last edited by TheBossInTheWall; 10-16-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:27 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
The Green Inferno, 2015. 6/10

Thumb resize.

This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Fuckin' CGI when applied into films fucks everything up, then throw in some 'comedy' elements. If you can't give a film a FX without using CGI..don't do it. Every computer generated effect could have been left out or in some cases practical could have been used. Cut away editing, in that I mean..gonna scoop a guys eye out, cut away..show the scene that was filmed at another time, cut back to said eye in persons mouth. No good. Ahh, fuck it.
You didn't like the CGI ants?

Oh well, they were better than the CGI hyenas in one of those Exorcist prequels (or was it both of them?).

Old 10-17-2015, 05:27 AM
病気の

Tales of Halloween, 2015. 7/10

Thumb resize.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:30 AM
Evil Dead

8/10
Old 10-17-2015, 06:19 AM
Evil Dead

Paranormal Activity 2 7/10

Tags
movie