Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Evil Puppy

Sounds bad, now we just need this to be made into a movie...

Anyway, I just watched The Hamiltons... I think maybe I was expecting too much because it kind of let me down.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:05 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Prisoners" 7/10

Pretty good crime/thriller, but with a running time of 146 minutes
it was just way too long for this kind of movie.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:49 PM
For Vendetta

Not the best film to tee off October-ween but just wanted to revisit the whole Jason vs Carrie scenario. Apart from that absolute eye-roller of an ending, the film's still an entertaining watch. Hasn't lost it's nostalgic touch either.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Crystal Lake Counselor

Would You Rather (2012) . Directed by David Guy. Excellent film.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:18 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Sounds bad, now we just need this to be made into a movie...
Used to love that show; but yeah, not sure about a movie treatment, may turn out lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Not the best film to tee off October-ween but just wanted to revisit the whole Jason vs Carrie scenario. Apart from that absolute eye-roller of an ending, the film's still an entertaining watch. Hasn't lost it's nostalgic touch either.

I think general fans of the series have mixed feelings about it but I did enjoy it too and even I didn't mind about the ending, found that twist kinda interesting for a Slasher series.

Silver Tongues (2011)

This is a strange, offbeat thriller about a seemingly 'normal' middle-aged couple who takes a road trip & make occasional stops here and there to manipulate & trick people into the strangest of things, from ruining a honey moon for a newly married couple to an attempt to fuck the mind of an old man at a nursing home. And that's actually what the entire movie is...leaving plenty of unanswered questions throughout the movie i.e. who this main characters are and why they chose to go from town to town imposing their changing persona on strangers and leaving a path of destruction in their wake?!
The two lead did a good job with their weird roles and although it was kinda an interesting indie overall but not a satisfactory complete thriller.

>>: B-

Deep Dark Canyon (2013)

>>: C+

Dark Circles (2013)

Decently creepy & atmospheric at times with some fairly done jump scares but the ending was a disappointment. It could have been far better & interesting. Recommended to Angra.:)

>>: B
Old 10-02-2013, 04:14 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

Decently creepy & atmospheric at times with some fairly done jump scares but the ending was a disappointment. It could have been far better & interesting. Recommended to Angra.:)

>>: B

Hey man, thanks! :)
Old 10-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

VHS 2 -

Not very good. Enjoyed the Zombie story but that was about it. Liked the 1st one alot more.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:39 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
VHS 2 -

Not very good. Enjoyed the Zombie story but that was about it. Liked the 1st one alot more.
What did you think of "Safe Haven"? I thought that that piece made the entire anthology.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:28 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
I think general fans of the series have mixed feelings about it but I did enjoy it too and even I didn't mind about the ending, found that twist kinda interesting for a Slasher series.
For a film which followed the scientific (psycho/tele kinesis) route and the slasher (Jason) format, that ending was too mind-boggling and raised quite a few questions of its own as well.

-----------------------------

Low brow, modern Hammer Studios effort which borrows a bit from the Pet Sematary premise and Don't Look Now. The whole mini-budget production value shows throughout the film which plays like a TV movie, but some plotholes notwithstanding, it delivers. A taut story, fairly decent atmosphere complimented by some nice camera shots/angles, a decent amount of gore props-wise and CGI-ified, and some decent performances. Recommended if you love slightly surreal storylines and low-budget horror.

Oh, and if you are put off by live Caesareans being performed on cattle, you should avoid this one.

* * * ½
Old 10-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
What did you think of "Safe Haven"? I thought that that piece made the entire anthology.
I liked both VHSs, I think they both had some good sub-stories. Must admit though, I found Safe Haven a bit mediocre. Enjoyable enough but nothing special, and the appearance of the monster near the end really took it into B-movie territory for me.

Tags
movie