Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Evil Dead

Sam Peckinpah had two horror movies on the burner when he died. One of them, co-written by Stephen King, became the Richard Bachman novel The Regulaters. The other one was a post apocalyptic thing about a guy being chased around a mall by a hairy, gorilla-like monster. He finally ends up killing the monster and realizes it's actually a guy in a mask. He pulls off the mask and it's, gasp, himself. A bit too existential for my tastes, although Sam IS still the man.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Evil Dead

That last one sounds too much like one of those lost Twilight Zone episodes.

Sam Peckinpah and Stephen King were going to collaborate? It seems like a bad combination to me... like having steak and dogshit tacos... no thanks, I'll pass.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Hellraiser

I reckon John Woo could do a kick ass zombie movie, although it would be more action then horror. Still, I think it would be great.

-David Mills
Se7en
Old 03-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Starchild

I'd sure like to see John McTiernan doing a real horror. I think it would be a perfect mixture of horror and action.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:40 PM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
I think the Coen Brothers should make a horror film.
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 04-03-2004, 05:14 AM
Scares Little Kids

Filmmakers who would have made great horror movies...

Everyone always says how they'd like to see a horror movie made from a director who directs action- I'd much rather see a horror movie made by a dramatic filmmaker, someone who considers the heart and soul of characters without just making the film a one-note CGI fest...
Old 04-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Banned

I heard that the next Charlie Kaufman/Spike Jonze collaboration will be a horror movie