Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-26-2015, 03:04 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Everybody's Gone To the Rapture" 2/10

Despite nice graphics and a beautiful score this is the worst game I've ever played.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:36 AM
Evil Puppy

Fallout 4

The narrative in this Fallout game really lagged behind the others. They tried to force empathy which led me to apathy by the time I got far enough for the big reveal and there was no emotional attachment to any of the factions for me. I loved the game, don't get me wrong, but when you disconnect the player from the story with a lack of real choice and macguffins everywhere I get a little out of it. Luckily for F4 there were plenty of great side quests including one that had more emotional impact and intrigue for me than the main story! Anyway, good stuff, interested in seeing where the DLC goes...
Old 01-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Scholar

The last computer game I beat was Arcanium. I don't play a lot of computer or video games anymore.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:30 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
The last computer game I beat was Arcanium.
I remember a good game.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:30 AM
Undead

Pineview drive. I liked the atmosphere of horror, but the ending...
Darksiders. Cool game, but too many puzzles, especially with portals.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:24 AM
That fucking Guy...

Aliens (1990) - Arcade
Not really worth it really...just going through my micro-cade collection and decided to play this one to completion.
Just, more a miss than a hit.
I remember seeing this as a kid and really wanting to play it, but ended up missing it.
Perhaps I'd have liked it more at this less judgmental age...
Old 02-23-2016, 01:10 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Layers of Fear" PS4 8/10

Definitely a good horror game with a great atmosphere and LOTS of creativity. But where Layers of Fear wins on its horror elements (and there are many) I feel "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" is the better experience all in all, as it has 1 strong point Layers of Fear doesn't have, and that's versatility. Coz somewhere halfway through the 5+ hours gameplay, walking around the ever changing mansion gets a bit repetitive even though the halways and rooms keeps changing it's still just halways and rooms you walk around in.

Why "Layers of Fear" doesn't get a lower rating than "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" tho, is due to it's replay value, which is quite high as the mansion leaves you with many posibilities, like which hallway should you chose and which door should you go through, coz lots of times you only get to chose 1 and then the house changes, leaving you curious to what you might have missed. There's also clues and pictures to the mystery which can be found around the house. If you chose a second playthrough you get to start with all the clues and pictures you gathered during your first try.
When you're finished with the first playthrough of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter you've done everything there is to be done and experienced everything there is to be experienced and you can put the game away for good.

Holy hell that was a lot of drivel. Sorry about that.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:12 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quack Shot (1991) - Sega Megadrive/Genesis.

I always loved this game as a kid...just stood out as a really solid platformer.
Of course, in those days the Disney titles were pretty much gold for accessibility, fun, and just ticked all the boxes a good platformer of that time should.
Good musical score, interesting array of enemies, moderately challenging level design.
Playing it now, of course it seems a little shorter, a little easier...but still great fun.

Really glad with my microcade investment.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:40 AM
Undead

BloodRayne 2- this game was hard, but cool. Too bad, that there's no third game( Betrayal is not the triquel for me)
Ys I&II chronicles+-this game was even harder than BR 2! But it was awesome adventure.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:15 AM
Little Boo

I have been jumping around from old games to new games but horror is horror. If the game can creep me out I want to play it. I just beat Condemned: Criminal Origins. Old school game but still pretty fun, I like jump scares more and I feel that when you have a weapon it can loss the scares. With Condemned I was still freaking out because 10 shoots on a rifle is not much. I stream all these games so if you like horror check me out for

Hump Day Horror Night
https://www.twitch.tv/d3m0nb0y23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsbq...Qk_RSdBVBjljvX