Old 10-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Scares Little Kids

"Slice Of Life" by Paul Haines

Hi All,

My second short story collection is now available from The Mayne Press (www.themaynepress.com).

Comes with an R rating, so be warned.

--------------------------
The blurb:
Meet the mind of Paul Haines. Slice of Life contains seventeen glittering stories, dripping with twenty first century paranoia and anxiety. The honesty of Paul's writing horrifies as he describes the private mind of men.

Published here together for the first time are the Ditmar winning story; The Devil In Mr Pussy, the Aurealis Award shortlisted horror story; Doof Doof Doof; and the complete Slice of Life series of stories, including the previously unpublished Slice of Life-a Spot of Liver.

Slice of Life is a fund-raising venture for the Paul Haines cancer fund. 100% of the cover price will help Paul Haines fight his cancer. Help give Paul Haines a slice of life.

Reviews:
Exuberant, profane, and totally whacked out - Ellen Datlow

The anxiety in these stories is palpable. Love the paranoia! Love the self loathing. Love the psychosis - Aurealis

It's a great, nasty read. Recommended - Jenny Blackford, World Fantasy Award judge

--------------------------

More info over at www.paulhaines.com

Go on, do yourself a favour!

Thanks,

Paul Haines
Old 10-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Damn. Ellen Datlow said that? Congrats on the blurbs, but remember forum etiquette. It's like using a store's bathroom that you've never shopped at.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:49 AM
Scares Little Kids

Apologies if I've left a mess on the seat.

Ellen was kind enough to provide me a blurb for the book too. Now I just have to get past the Honorable Mentions she gives me and get into her actual Year's Bests with stories instead.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
No worries. I for one would like to see more horror writers sticking around here. Good luck with Year's Best! The competition's getting pretty stiff. I'm hoping to see something in there from Jeremy Shipp or Jeremy Robert Johnson sometime. Some Bizarro in Year's Best would be a great thing.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Scares Little Kids

I agree on the horror writers thing - most of the time when I'm trawling the net for horror related forums etc I'm really only coming up with film based stuff.

Here in Aussie, there's Horrorscope which does a great job of covering all aspects of the horror industry. It's not really a forum though, although Darklands has been set up to do some of that and it has a strong writer focus.