Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-20-2013, 10:52 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
The book is even better. :)
Will find it. Thanks.

-----------------------------------

Old 08-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Evil Dead

Splinter

Nice porcupine/zombie movie! haha

Mother Of Tears

I remember not liking the Suspiria movie despite so many others loving it. This was much more enjoyable for me
Old 08-25-2013, 12:03 AM
Immortal horror fan

Evil Dead (2013) -

I decided to watch this even though I wanted to see the original first*. I figured I might watch something else with Jessica Lucas in it after that Cult TV show. I think this might be the first demon possession movie I've seen. At least the first one that's really dark and sinister. I only remember parts of The Exorcist. And even then what I do remember of that, the demon was always tied down and not doing / causing so much trouble. But I love the idea of books bringing out evil stuff. I've seen it a few times in movies. The Ninth Gate is probably my favorite one with the evil book.

I was surprised by the gore in this movie. Even though it is harsh on all the characters including the girls. It isn't the type like in ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2 which felt like a hatred of women type of butchering. This is the demon wanting to harm them and enjoying it. I've never seen this sort of thing before. At least that I can remember. But it is surprising and I think all from practical effects which makes it even more horrific. The movie looks great too. Very spooky.

A few things that were disappointing. I didn't watch all of the trailer but I always would hear a bit with the demon's song. I was waiting for that the whole movie and I can't believe it was cut. Also, I didn't get the ending monster and what was required for that to happen. It was also a bit of let down. I think I need to see the movie again to be sure if I want to own it one day. But I'll see the original first to compare.

*This is the first Evil Dead movie I've seen. After watching it I glanced at a review on IMDB. They didn't know what it was. They said it's not a reboot, remake, prequel, or sequel. As I went into it not knowing I just thought it was an update of the original. However, after watching a bit of the original trailer. I can see why some would have a problem with this movie since it's missing a character that I've seen in many Evil Dead posters. Also, the original seems to have an old school real feel that's present in many classic horror movies.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:59 AM
Sometimes dead is better

I watched the following film(s) for the first time:

The Prophecy (1995): 8/10

I re-watched the following film(s):

John Carpenter's The Thing (1982): 10/10
Old 08-25-2013, 07:59 AM
For Vendetta

Interesting watch. Taut and edgy thriller, although the climax had a few eye-rolling moments. The serial killer bits were the best.

Recommended.

* * * ½

James Cameron made one mistake. He should have killed Ripley off at the end.

* * * * ½
Old 08-25-2013, 11:41 AM
For Vendetta

Brrr...yikes!!

Thanks, roshiq.

* * * ½
Old 08-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Scares Little Kids

Phantasm 3 - 8/10

I actually found the most interesting character to be the little orphaned boy, aside from the tall man. There were even some spooky surprises here and there, so thumbs up for that. Really good, can't wait to watch Part 4.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:45 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I can see why some would have a problem with this movie since it's missing a character that I've seen in many Evil Dead posters.
Some might.
Really though, tip of the iceberg.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:07 AM
For Vendetta

The action was decent, and to an extent Chris Hemsworth as well. The rest of the cast couldn't act their way out of a paper bag.

Skip. Watch the original if you are a fan of the 80s.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:15 AM
HDC's old chick

Watched "White", the Korean horror film, over the weekend. It was ok, not particularly scary. I give it 2 out of 5.

Tags
movie