Old 11-12-2021, 01:26 AM
Evil Dead

Fiction-RATMAN'S NOTEBOOKS by Stephen Gilbert. The film WILLARD is based on this. Takes place in England instead of Los Angeles and Boss name is different, but the film follows quite closely. Written as a journal. Don't like Ratsa , but can't stand the scene where Socrates is discovered, in both the book and the film.

Non-Fiction-LISTEN YOU PENCIL NECKED GEEKS by "Classy" Freddie Blassie with Keith Elliot Greenberg. Blassie AKA "The Vampire" and "The Hollywood Fashion Plate" was one of the classic villains of Professional wrestling from the late '40's up to the mid 70's, before becoming a manager for many WWE "Heels". He seems almost proud of how He was "...the most obnoxious wrestler who ever lived" and indeed He was. But, I always found his interviews to be funny and He led an interesting life, to be sure.
Old 11-12-2021, 01:00 PM
Evil Dead

I've never read the book before, but at the moment I'm reading Firestarter by Stephen King. I'm glad I decided to purchase it, because I'm enjoying the book. I love all his older books. I'm planning on checking out more of his books in the future.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:46 AM
Evil Dead

HEROES AND VILLAINS: THE TRUE STORY OF THE BEACH BOYS-Steven Gaines.

Very good recounting of the band (from the beginning to 1986), although so much sadness/strife with such wonderful songs as the backdrop. Would like to see an updated version.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:48 PM
Whispers on the Wind

I just begin reading two books. One at lunch and one in the evening. They are “The King in Yellow “ by Robert Chambers ( 1895 ) . The play in this book among others things was a influence for the necronomicon in HP Locecrafts works. The other book is not necessarily horror but contains a lot of horror themes throughout it from ghosts, crabs and a demon fox not to mention the typical Japanese clan bloodshed’s in war. It’s “ The Tale of the Heike” which was created by many authors. The compilations of the current text seems to have occurred between between 1190 and 1221ad. The translation I’m reading is from 2012 and it’s the one by Royall Tyler through Viking spread.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:52 AM
Evil Dead

THE SHRINKING MAN-Richard Matheson
Old 12-07-2021, 06:22 PM
Whispers on the Wind

I just looked up the plot for “ The Shrinking Man” and it definitely sounds interesting. I noticed there is a lot of commentaries on what the story was a metaphor of and I’ll definitely try to get this book next year and read it. I enjoy older books often more so than the current ones.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:37 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovand1075 View Post
I just looked up the plot for “ The Shrinking Man” and it definitely sounds interesting. I noticed there is a lot of commentaries on what the story was a metaphor of and I’ll definitely try to get this book next year and read it. I enjoy older books often more so than the current ones.
I found TSM at a Library "Swap Shop", meaning You could trade ne book for another. Loved it from first read, although although at 12, many of the "Adult" parts of the book went right over my head.

I hope You enjoy it as well.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:03 AM
Evil Dead

ZOMBIE MOVIES:THE ULTIMATE GUIDE-Glenn Kay
Old 02-18-2022, 01:11 AM
Evil Dead

KILLING PATTON-Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard.
Old 02-23-2022, 02:15 AM
Evil Dead

BETWEEN A HEART AND A ROCK PLACE: A MEMOIR-Pat Benatar with Patsi Bale Cox