Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
or Maximum Overdrive

wait...nobody liked that one

cept me and Elvis [ where has he been btw ]
I liked it too

Old 06-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Demon from Ago

Here is how I see it:

Great adaptations- The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption, The Mist, Stand By Me (the only one not directed by Darabont)

Almost great adaptations- Salem's Lot (1979), Misery, Hearts in Atlantis, Apt Pupil, Delores Claiborne

Mediocre adaptations- The Mangler, Needful Things, Pet Semetary, Secret Window, The Shining (1980), Storm of the Century, Thinner, 1408, Bag of Bones, Carrie (1976), Cat's Eye, Christine, Creepshow I & II, The Dark Half, The Dead Zone, The Night Flier, Nightmares & Dreamscapes, Silver Bullet

Total Shite- The Shining (miniseries), Cujo, Desperation, Diary of Ellen Rimbauer, Rose Red, IT, The Tommyknockers, The Stand, Dreamcatcher, Firestarter, Golden Years, Graveyard Shift, Kingdom Hospital, The Langoliers, The Lawnmower Man, The Running Man, Maximum Overdrive, Sometimes They Come Back, Quicksilver Highway, Riding the Bullet, Sleepwalkers, Trucks

Last edited by Bob Gray; 06-02-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

Quote:
or Maximum Overdrive

wait...nobody liked that one

I liked it but I've also never read the book, so if we're comparing the two, I really can't say much about it in that aspect.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Here is how I see it:

Total Shite- The Shining (miniseries), Cujo, Desperation, Diary of Ellen Rimbauer, Rose Red, IT, The Tommyknockers, The Stand, Dreamcatcher, Firestarter, Golden Years, Graveyard Shift, Kingdom Hospital, The Langoliers, The Lawnmower Man, The Running Man, Maximum Overdrive, Sometimes They Come Back, Quicksilver Highway, Riding the Bullet, Sleepwalkers, Trucks
I decided to comment just on these. I actually really liked The Shining Miniseries and hated the Kubrick movie. I thought Cujo, Desperation, The Tommyknockers, The Stand, Firestarter, Maximum Overdrive, Sleepwalkers, and Sometimes They Come Back were good though.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Banned

the creeps

famouse monsters get brought back to life but they are midget
FUCKIN TERRIBLE

0/10
Old 06-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I decided to comment just on these. I actually really liked The Shining Miniseries and hated the Kubrick movie. I thought Cujo, Desperation, The Tommyknockers, The Stand, Firestarter, Maximum Overdrive, Sleepwalkers, and Sometimes They Come Back were good though.
As far as The Shining miniseries goes, I liked that it followed the novel more but the acting was horrible. The film had better acting but didn't follow the novel very well at all, it had some good atmosphere as well.

I don't like the novel Cujo so don't expect me to like the film, same goes for Firestarter.

The rest I just think wasn't very well done and sucked in comparison to the stories or novels. That doesn't mean that they aren't fun to watch, they are just more laughable than anything.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
As far as The Shining miniseries goes, I liked that it followed the novel more but the acting was horrible. The film had better acting but didn't follow the novel very well at all, it had some good atmosphere as well.

I don't like the novel Cujo so don't expect me to like the film, same goes for Firestarter.

The rest I just think wasn't very well done and sucked in comparison to the stories or novels. That doesn't mean that they aren't fun to watch, they are just more laughable than anything.
Well that's fine. We all have our personal preferences

Old 06-02-2012, 07:42 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

---

Clerks (1994)

Felt like watching this for some reason. I hadn't seen it in years.
Not bad, but not great. Definitely not as funny as I remember it. I found myself getting bored.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Evil Dead

Camp Blood Trilogy

It took me almost a year to finally finish these three movies. These are C Movies for sure, not too much to be enjoyed from these films unless you wanna laugh your ass off at how horrible the actors are. Especially the main chick in the last film.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:30 PM
From The Beyond

Lamberto Bava's Demons (1985) Got to see this at a special screening at a cinema here. Before the movie there was a raffle for a couple of tshirts which sadly we didn't win. Worked out that this was my first time at the cinema for five years and it was for a film I already have on dvd. Anyway I wanted to see this on the big screen with powerful sound and if ever there is a film to be seen on the big screen it's this-the audience went manic at the "stop the movie!" scenes. Loads of gore frenzied harmless fun. If they show any more Italian horror I may return to the cinema again I just hope it doesn't take another five years.

Last edited by Fearonsarms; 06-02-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: typo