Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-17-2003, 02:56 AM
Post-Moderation

Ive been hearing alot of good things about paradise lost. Alot of people seem to be into them. Any particular songs i should download?

I hear you about a band name. Its hard to come up with something that completely sums up everything ur band is, and also happens to not be taken already. Took us 3 and a half years to come up with a perminant one.
Old 11-17-2003, 03:09 AM
warprophet

paradise lost is simpley put the best band ever to grace the metal comunity, for some of the harder stuff download widow, embers fire, gothic, and eternal.
when it comes to the softer material go for shadow kings, hallowed land, one second, blood of antother, erased, isolate, and fader. allthoguth i recomend you get everything they have as they only have one song i dont like called take me down, no matter what your taste is youl find somethign to like in paradise lost.
so whats your band name?
Old 11-17-2003, 03:23 AM
Hellraiser

Here's some audio from a practice session with my band called Bay Sickness. I'm the singer and slammed the frickin' microphone because it kept cutting out on me and making it sound a bit off. :mad: It's bad quality but will give you the idea of what we sound like, lol.

right click and select "save target as"
Download Audio

Here's the intro theme music I created to an indy horror film I am making.

Download Theme
Old 11-17-2003, 04:29 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chucky
Here's some audio from a practice session with my band called Bay Sickness. I'm the singer and slammed the frickin' microphone because it kept cutting out on me and making it sound a bit off. :mad: It's bad quality but will give you the idea of what we sound like, lol.

Download Audio

Here's the intro theme music I created to an indy horror film I am making.

Download Theme
to tell you the thruth, it sounds really really messy, but that can be the sualmity fucking up, I know about it, lol
the intro is really cool though (to the song, not the movie)
I like it, try to record it with beytter quality
how do you record?
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 11-17-2003, 04:47 AM
Hellraiser

It's recorded onto my computer with a microphone from a cassette tape, lol. It sounds really bad I know, but since I have a baby on the way and am studying at college in web site design full-time I really don't have much band practice time anymore.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:20 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

dude, don't use a mic
lol
just do this, get a cable and put it in the headphones jack of the taperecorder and the other end in the mic entrance of the soundcard on the comp
that way you get better sound

and congrats on the kid dude
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 11-17-2003, 11:59 AM
Post-Moderation

Glad to see there are a good number of musicians on this site.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Post-Moderation

Oh my projects called "Longinus", moonsorrow. Named after the roman senterion that killed christ on the cross, then became a saint himself. So far it consist of me, lol, but there are a growing number of interested musicians these days.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Evil Dead

It is cool to see that so many of you make music. I do experimental stuff, usually without traditional instruments. I use electronics but no off-the-shelf synthesizers or anything - I make my own from thrift store junk.

Some audio links, all 1998 or before:

Candle

Continuance

score to the (unreleased) film Cosmetic

Daddy Scary Robot (about as rock as I get, it has guitars and drums, sort of)

Landscape

Untitled 1
Old 11-17-2003, 02:30 PM
Post-Moderation

Whoa, thats some crazy shit mictlan! its very freeform kinda stream of conscienceness. I wish i could do something that abstract, all my shit seems bound by typical song bounderies sometimes. I like Daddy Scary Robot. You got some really unique sounds from that guitar.

Lets keep um comin guys, we could have a whole songwriter community here. Getting all of our shit off the ground. Who knows, maybe we can even get some collaboration on some side projects;)