Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 10-09-2020, 07:13 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Yeah IT did remind me of Goonies. But darker. I remember being surprised by the stuff going on with the girl character. I believe I remarked in my review that I would have enjoyed the movie more without that stuff.

I did watch the first 20 minutes or so of IT 2. I stopped after the dinner scene when the characters meet up. I didn't realize how long the movie was and stopped there to watch it again later. Those first 20 minutes were fine though. Cast seemed to be really good.
I had no issues with the cast. It was the direction, visual effects, the handling of the storyline, believability of the characters actions, etc. I found most of it insulting to my intelligence and just a mess to watch. The effects belonged in a SyFy channel movie.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:02 AM
Evil On Two Legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinTK View Post
Everything about the character of Pennywise, from Bill Skarsgård's performance to the makeup...
Absolutly agree with this.

I've not read the book so I don't know of the look and/or portrayal of Pennywise was meant to be in the exact same mould, but it always felt off. It never really felt like Pennywise had an intimidating presence, beyond that of his monster capabilities. I think what made Currie's Pennywise memorable was that juxtaposition of Pennywise as the clown. He could appear fun and friendly, and then somewhat creepy and chilling too.

I felt that was lacking. All Skarsgård seemed to offer was the use of silly faces.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:29 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

theyre both creepy if i saw them in real life, but I also have to go with the orginal...felt like it was better made, though I do enjoy the cool special effects of the remake. I feel the same way about the thing remake, cool special effects to look at, but as a movie its not comparable to the original....
Old 02-14-2021, 02:57 AM
Little Boo

After really not being impressed with the first one I've just watched the second and have to say I think they are garbage. I wasn't much for the original TV 2 parter so had high hopes that the newer one couldn't be worse.