Old 05-25-2012, 02:29 PM
HDC Idol

The Tunnel Movie (2011)

Pretty mediocre found-footage film. I really liked the backdrop, the environment was fantastic, but ultimately I thought that it could have been better... There were a few scenes wherein I couldn't suspend my disbelief which was a problem... Also, the fake-interviews-within got annoying after a while. Interesting at first, but otherwise not effective.

Grave Encounters was better. ;)

The Avengers (2012)

An absolute blast... Started slow, but ultimately wound up having a lot of fun. Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk really surprised me; hands down best Hulk in modern movies yet. Loki was brilliant, as was Robert Downey Jr., Thor, and Captain America. I agree with Angra, though; as someone who hasn't read the comics, Hawkeye and Black Widow just seemed lame and unnecessary; they pale in comparison to Hulk, Thor, Ironman, and Captain America.

Thoroughly enjoyable. Makes me want to watch Ironman, Thor, and Captain America again.

Highly recommended, and worth seeing in the theaters.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

The Avengers (2012)

An absolute blast... Started slow, but ultimately wound up having a lot of fun. Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk really surprised me; hands down best Hulk in modern movies yet. Loki was brilliant, as was Robert Downey Jr., Thor, and Captain America. I agree with Angra, though; as someone who hasn't read the comics, Hawkeye and Black Widow just seemed lame and unnecessary; they pale in comparison to Hulk, Thor, Ironman, and Captain America.

Thoroughly enjoyable. Makes me want to watch Ironman, Thor, and Captain America again.

Highly recommended, and worth seeing in the theaters.
Being someone who hasn't read the comics i still enjoyed Black Widow and Hawkeye and felt that they added a nice supporting element to the movie plus they served a purpose early on before The Avengers were all brought together.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:08 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Being someone who hasn't read the comics i still enjoyed Black Widow and Hawkeye and felt that they added a nice supporting element to the movie plus they served a purpose early on before The Avengers were all brought together.
Considering how ridiculously cool Black Widow seems to be (ultra spy martial artist hottie with a fine ass), I thought she was underused in the movie.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Considering how ridiculously cool Black Widow seems to be (ultra spy martial artist hottie with a fine ass), I thought she was underused in the movie.
Considering how many characters they had to balance, i'm surprised they gave her so much screen time.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I like the way you think :D
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Hawkeye and Black Widow just seemed lame and unnecessary;
Well, yeah I can agree with that to a point - for those that aren't followers of the comics...and yes, in this movie they certainly seemed to be up against things that their "mere mortal" selves wouldn't really do too well against.
Though, Black Widow did mindfuck Loki into unintentionally revealing his plan - she played a God, a God who's thing it is, is to fuck with peoples heads.

Hawkeye on the other hand...shot arrows at things in the movie, caused a little bit of damage. Was (IMO) largely only there to put a human side on things with his love interest. That and, someone that wasn't super-powered to have another fan service "in house" fight with the Black Widow.
Though really?
As a fan of the comic I have to say that Hawkeye wouldn't have lasted anywhere near as long as he did.

Black Widow is actually powered. Not so much as the others, but she's got like soviet assassin training and she's also underwent experiments that have left her pretty much forever youthful, with enhanced strength and recovery.
One comic said she'd be about half as strong as Captain America.

Hawkeye, has always been the underdog - this is why he "fits" into the comic, maybe it's so that the readers can relate to someone that always feels the need to prove themselves, and can be blindly/stupidly heroic...which is pretty much what his character is, the kid that plays with the big boys.
For the plot of the movie, I didn't really like his involvement...it seemed that he was only there for fan service to the on-again-off-again relationship he's had with the widow in comics...

Personally though, I think it was too soon to put either of them in the movie anyways. Both of them were originally villains, stories we're now unlikely to see.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

battle beyond the stars
the burning moon
m:i ghost protocol
erotic nights of the living dead
Old 05-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Personally though, I think it was too soon to put either of them in the movie anyways. Both of them were originally villains, stories we're now unlikely to see.
Though I'm not a follower of the original comic book series but lately seen the Vol. 2 - season 1 of Animated series The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
where the characters revealed like the way you mentioned. And it seems Wasp & Ant-Man were more deserving than Widow & Hawkeye to be there but I guess they added them in the earlier stage like you said to put a human side on things.

It's bit fun to guessing now that (after some 'events') Widow & Hawkeye may leave the group in any coming sequels and Wasp & Ant-Man will join then. :)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
^^I like the way you think :D
Ditto; definitely she was 'underused':D

Last edited by roshiq; 05-25-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:

Grave Encounters was better. ;)
yeah...it 'surely' get some Oscar nominations in next season. Happy?:p
Old 05-26-2012, 05:08 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Considering how many characters they had to balance, i'm surprised they gave her so much screen time.
The point I was trying to make is that she's on the same team with THOR (demi-God), HULK (most powerful Marvel creature ever in the Marvel-verse), CAPTAIN AMERICA (the "original" super hero), and IRONMAN (all-powerful kickass flying suit).

From someone who doesn't read the comics I'm thinking, "Ok, what makes her so special? Why does she get to be an Avenger with those guys?" By "underutilized" I really meant "I didn't see a whole lot of proof of her strength, so I'm not sure why she was there"... Then again, I think she was a bit more badass than Hawkeye.

Quote:
Black Widow did mindfuck Loki into unintentionally revealing his plan - she played a God, a God who's thing it is, is to fuck with peoples heads.
True - Fantastic scene in my opinion.

Quote:
Black Widow is actually powered. Not so much as the others, but she's got like soviet assassin training and she's also underwent experiments that have left her pretty much forever youthful, with enhanced strength and recovery.
One comic said she'd be about half as strong as Captain America.
See? That's a cool backstory - Would have loved to see a Black Widow movie (no joke) - I'm all about superheroines and her past, which she alluded to in the movie, was definitely intriguing. I also think that the fight with her and Hawkeye was pure well-choreographed eyecandy; wouldn't mind seeing more of that, to be honest. HOW 'BOUT IT, HOLLYWOOD?!

The Woman in Black
(2012)

Wow. Just. Wow.

This is one of those rare modern horror films that has me sitting back and saying, "Well, they sure don't make 'em like THIS anymore" (before I chase some delinquents off my lawn)... Purely atmospheric, slow-burner with great acting and writing - Plays up the horror tropes without being cliche. There were also some truly creepy/scary moments that made me jump. Bonus.

Thoroughly enjoyed this and was especially impressed by the end.

Highly recommended if you haven't seen it yet.