Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

Looking for a title for Monster Movie

I saw this movie when I was a kid and can't remember what the title is. I think it was from the 60's and it was in color. I don't really remember the beginning or the end, but I do remember this:

These people are stuck on this ship, an ocean liner really, maybe a little rusty. I think some of the passengers/crew have died since the beginning of the movie and they are just drifting through the ocean. The boat stops as they've run aground on this giant seaweed patch, that seems to have formed some kind of a net over the water. There is mist everywhere.

The people on the ship are wondering what to do when this blond woman with balloons attached to her waist and ridiculously large boobs appears through the mist. Apparently she uses the balloons to "float" over the seaweed and to the ship. Everyone introduces themselves and she somehow fixes everyone with balloons and they start to journey across the seaweed.

Now if I remember correctly, I think there is some sort of "creature" in the seaweed/water that eats a couple of the ship passengers as they "balloon" across. I think this scene also comes towards the end of the movie and that the blond leads them to her father for help or something like that.

Anyone have a clue what this movie is? I've been trying to find out for a long time.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:40 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

"The Lost Continent"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063240/

Friend....gooooood!

Old 02-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

The Lost Continent! That's it! Thanks.

Really great movie from what I remember, very weird. Reminds me of Mysterious Island, another great monster movie from that time period.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:17 AM
Evil Dead

I just added it to my Netflix que. WARNING: There is another film from 1951 with the same title, so if you seek this out, do not get that one by mistake.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

I have just returned this to Netflix. What a great movie! Reminds me a lot of Mysterious Island. Yeah you want the 1968 version, not the 1951 which is a completely different movie.