Old 03-23-2017, 10:35 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Ode To Trolls

It's no secret that facebook has severely hit the popularity of forums like this. I myself have been pretty absent for the past 5 years or so.

I think, however, there's another problem. The trolls have gone. They've died out. They're extinct. People stopped feeding them and they starved. Trolls were a nightmare but they were a damn fun nightmare. Arguing with a troll did provide a weird sense of satisfaction. Bickering about them, watching drama ensue.

When I first started here it was OMCdave and Trippin_The-Riff. Then Renob, there was that weird middle aged lady who kept schooling people on their swearing etc.

Bring back trolls.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 03-23-2017, 10:46 AM
HDC Idol

I remember that obnoxious kid Ferretchucker. Ugh, what a nob.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 03-23-2017, 11:10 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I remember that obnoxious kid Ferretchucker. Ugh, what a nob.
Ur only sayin dat coz u like shit films lyk intervue wiv a vampir

The Ferrets like it...
Old 03-23-2017, 11:15 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Ur only sayin dat coz u like shit films lyk intervue wiv a vampir
OMG WUT AN ARSEHOLE

Old 03-23-2017, 11:17 AM
Horror Fan

Old timer's stories. I remember user Sam the Egg ("The STE"), who had quite a following for awhile. User kpropain was the nearest HDC has come to a troll moderator IMO. Would get drunk and ban longtime members.

It's interesting to see how internet drama has migrated from chat rooms and message boards to Facebook.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:27 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Old timer's stories. I remember user Sam the Egg ("The STE"), who had quite a following for awhile. User kpropain was the nearest HDC has come to a troll moderator IMO. Would get drunk and ban longtime members.

It's interesting to see how internet drama has migrated from chat rooms and message boards to Facebook.
Kpropain's drunken bannings were always quite amusing. Wasn't that how Cheeba first had to change accounts?

Just a shame that the drama these days is all political inflammatory stuff. What ever happened to good old irrelevant, surreal trolling?

The Ferrets like it...
Old 03-23-2017, 11:28 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
omg Seriously. Luckily, I don't experience with friends and family, but I experience drama and trolls through the groups that I belong to - It's actually kinda funny to watch because I've always associated trolls to message boards - When I experience it on FB, I'm like "Oh, yeah, people can be assholes EVERYwhere."

Old 03-23-2017, 11:28 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
omg Seriously. Luckily, I don't experience with friends and family, but I experience drama and trolls through the groups that I belong to - It's actually kinda funny to watch because I've always associated trolls to message boards - When I experience it on FB, I'm like "Oh, yeah, people can be assholes EVERYwhere."
And the most bizarre thing is their names are on it. Messageboards ave the benefit of anonymity.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 03-23-2017, 01:27 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Wasn't that how Cheeba first had to change accounts?
Nah, Kpropain and I never had any problems. I'd only heard about his drunken antics - being in a different part of the world time-wise I was never around.

The reason I actually *had to* change accounts (I made a few myself), was because it seemed like someone got onto my account, copied pages of text and posted them everywhere, requesting to be banned all the while.
I am pretty sure that's this account - got it back some time ago.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:45 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Nah, Kpropain and I never had any problems. I'd only heard about his drunken antics - being in a different part of the world time-wise I was never around.

The reason I actually *had to* change accounts (I made a few myself), was because it seemed like someone got onto my account, copied pages of text and posted them everywhere, requesting to be banned all the while.
I am pretty sure that's this account - got it back some time ago.
Ahh, fair enough. He definitely banned at least one member who hadn't really done anything, although I think that was very quickly sorted and all in good spirits.

Think I first met you as Phalanx?

The Ferrets like it...