Old 09-09-2015, 12:50 AM
Evil Dead

There's an Asian film 'dumplings' in which the dumplings are dead foetuses, its about as tasteful as you'd imagine a film like that would be
Old 09-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Evil Dead

I love feast and feast 2, good fun. I also think some movies deliberately try to push the 'too far' envelope in order to get a name for themselves, rather than any real meaning.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:00 AM
Evil Dead

i also think there was a series, or film (masters of horror?) that was directed by takashi miike (possibly) about a woman who performed abortions and then chucked the dead foetuses into the river.Though i'm possibly wrong on the director an series name, i also think it was baneed from being shown, though again my memory is unsteady to say the least
Old 09-09-2015, 03:05 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
i also think there was a series, or film (masters of horror?) that was directed by takashi miike (possibly) about a woman who performed abortions and then chucked the dead foetuses into the river.Though i'm possibly wrong on the director an series name, i also think it was baneed from being shown, though again my memory is unsteady to say the least
Yep, that was Miike's Masters of Horror episode, Imprint.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Evil Dead

Thought it might be. To me it had that typical Asian surrealism to it that slows down some of their horrors, I also find it boring to. Still not sure about the banning bit mind?
Old 09-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Horror > Everything

I seem to remember that it didn't air on HBO. I'm not the expert on such things but my recollection is that it was made available when the first season of Masters of Horror was released on DVD but didn't hit HBO with the rest of the films.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Immortal horror fan

The ones that I remember are Halloween 3. A good one that's sure to scare kids. And Trick r Treat. Which wasn't as good as I was expecting. And the kids that get it are asking for it.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Evil Sweat

I recently thought about starting a topic on this subject. What are the odds?

Honestly, I'd like to see more kids dying in horror movies.
Especially when the movie in question is about a child murderer or child killing creature.
After all, they're horror movies so why not include it once in a while.
I find it a little strange that's it's still some kind of taboo.
If you already got an 16+ or 18+ rating, what does it matter?

Anyway, here's a fun scene from New Kids Nitro in which a bunch of kids get killed.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:28 AM
Evil Dead

There's a thread on bloody disgusting.com that's called something like 'ten horror movies that had the balls to kill a kid' it nay be of interest or at least a starting point for some of you
Old 09-10-2015, 06:14 AM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah23256 View Post
I agree but what I have noticed in movies that they will mention a child's death but they will never show it and i feel like the film would have a much greater impact if we saw the kids death. and the scene would be memorable as well. Look at a Serbian Film although the movie is disgusting and sick, everyone remember the baby rape scene because it evolves a child
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah23256 View Post
I agree now there are some kids such as gage from pet semetary which i wish wasn't killed
But to A Serbian Film, I just wonder if they did it just to be controversial or if there was something they were trying to say. Too often, there are directors that just want to be controversial for its own sake.

I think killing a child is a powerful dramatic tool, as someone else already said. If used properly, it can be quite powerful. It goes to show that anything goes and can happen. And, this is life. Anyone can die at any time. Children are by no means spared.

I have to disagree on Gage. I loved him to death, but that was absolutely brilliant. It's one of the best child deaths in all of cinema. Rarely has the death of a child had more impact than in that death. It is precisely because we love him so much that makes that scene so brilliant in its given context. It is the embodiment of one of our greatest fears. A fear especially profound for parents.