Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions

Old 02-23-2018, 02:41 PM
Little Boo

Name that Old Horror Movie?

Hello Movie Enthusiasts,

Looking for a horror B-movie from sometime between late 60s to the mid-70s, maybe to the late 70s, to the best of my knowledge. Can't remember if it was a theater movie or TV movie release. I remember seeing it on television, never saw it at the theater.

One of the scenes (think near the end) involves a women who is attack by a tree or plant with blood/fluid sucking branches after she walk out into a garden area of a house. The scene shows the branches attacking her being emptied of fluids leaving what looks like a dried up corpse afterwards. Think this tree/plant has several victims in the movie.

Thought it was the movie Frogs (1972) where all sorts of mutated creatures live on the island, but the plot doesn't mention the woman and blood sucking tree.

Thanks,
RZanrico
Old 02-23-2018, 07:11 PM
A VERY OLD BROAD

1967 European made file - Island Of The Doomed

Starred Cameron Mitchell as a scientist who developed carniverous plant as well as a vampire tree.

HELL IN A DRESS!
Old 03-02-2018, 04:07 PM
Little Boo

Creepy Blood Sucking Tree

Hi Martha,

It sounds like it might be the right one. Island of the Doomed sounds familiar. It appears I am not the only one who was looking for that movie. Found it on the reddit dot com /r/movies website. But, that post was 7 years old.
Blood sucking trees/vines? What movie was this?
"All I can recall of it, was that there was an old house with a big tree outside one of the windows. At night, the tree would extend a limb into the window and suck the blood out of the hapless sleeping victim."
I distinctly remember a woman who stepped out on the back patio of the house and the tree got its way with her. Sucking the blood out, until she looked like a shrunken prune.

That surely frightened me as a little kid. Can you imagine how much more a scene like that with today's special effects would scar a young child's mind.

RZanrico
Old 03-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Little Boo

I watched the movie on Youtube. For some reason, I remember the tree sucking the body dry leaving the carcass all shrived up. Also, thought the movie was a quite a bit higher in quality. But, then again the film was in better shape nearly 50 years ago. Despite the slight differences, the plot is very close to my fundamental memory of it. Vaguely remember the rabbit getting fed to the tree.

Did they do any remake of this movie incorporating the blood sucking tree?

Maybe my mind and imagination conjured up an image much scarier than what was portrayed in the movie. My imagination running away with me. I was 3 years old at the time this movie was released, only a few years older when it was it was most likely aired on television.

RZanrico

Last edited by RZanrico; 03-02-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:08 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZanrico View Post
I watched the movie on Youtube. For some reason, I remember the tree sucking the body dry leaving the carcass all shrived up. Also, thought the movie was a quite a bit higher in quality. But, then again the film was in better shape nearly 50 years ago. Despite the slight differences, the plot is very close to my fundamental memory of it. Vaguely remember the rabbit getting fed to the tree.

Did they do any remake of this movie incorporating the blood sucking tree?

Maybe my mind and imagination conjured up an image much scarier than what was portrayed in the movie. My imagination running away with me. I was 3 years old at the time this movie was released, only a few years older when it was it was most likely aired on television.

RZanrico
Maneater of Hydra 1967 aka Bloodsuckers & Island of the Doomed?

Old 03-13-2018, 09:20 AM
Little Boo

Unhappy Need help finding a specific horror movie

Heya, new member here. Registered to hopefully get some help regarding this one horror movie. I would like to know it's name.
All I remember is there was this one main character, a guy, who died or had some serious injury and ended up in the hospital. He was on his way to the after life but was revived in the hospital. After that he would see ghosts or souls of dead people, or hear their words from television, the elevator or other equipment. I think he was also able to see which people were about to die because they had a shining aura around them. And he tried to save them.

Anyway, I might be confusing 2 movies here or not, but if you get any idea on which movie I am talking about please let me know, or at least give me the name.

Thank you for anyone who replies.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:27 PM
What the shit?!?

The seeing ghosts, and knowing who's going to die bit sound vaguely like "The Frighteners", but the rest doesn't.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:56 AM
You're Not Worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturenas View Post
Heya, new member here. Registered to hopefully get some help regarding this one horror movie. I would like to know it's name.
All I remember is there was this one main character, a guy, who died or had some serious injury and ended up in the hospital. He was on his way to the after life but was revived in the hospital. After that he would see ghosts or souls of dead people, or hear their words from television, the elevator or other equipment. I think he was also able to see which people were about to die because they had a shining aura around them. And he tried to save them.

Anyway, I might be confusing 2 movies here or not, but if you get any idea on which movie I am talking about please let me know, or at least give me the name.

Thank you for anyone who replies.
White Noise 2.....perhaps

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0496436/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

Old 03-22-2018, 01:08 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
THANK YOU.
This is the exact movie I was looking for.
You are amazing :)
Old 03-30-2018, 02:18 AM
Little Boo

Identify and find 70's/80's horror film.

I'm trying to track down a horror film I watched as a kid.
It would have been circa late 70's early 80's and included a couple of 7 foot lumberjack type dudes that were terrorising and hunting down a group of people in the woods.
One particular scene I remember was that one of the attacks was when one of the 7 footers just took someone under water while they were swimming in the lake.
The movie ends when the last of them is killed off and a women kills the last one off by putting her arm down his throat and suffocating him.

Any help in the identifying the film name and year would be most appreciated.

Rod

Tags
advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, body parts, cemetary, children, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, finding, fog, found footage, ghosts, girl, god, gothic, guy, haunted, haunted painting, head on platter, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, movie, movie help critics, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, ship, summon, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman