Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Old 07-18-2018, 05:55 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I decided to order a PS4 after all, and I bought Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami to go with it. I may get more Yakuza games if they release the ports of Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 here in the U.S.

I may even get Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition one day because I'm really digging these Asian gangster-themed action games lately.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:24 AM
That fucking Guy...

I played through the original version of Sleeping Dogs on PS3.
Kind of like elements of shenmue and saints row put together.
Play length was a bit on the short side, but the storyline was ok, the setting seemed authentic enough. It was fun. The dialogue was good.
The definitive Edition is something I've thought about getting, even having played right though it.

If you're into checking out some of the remastered last gen stuff, can I suggest "Bulletstorm - Full Clip edition".
Original was great...an fps that had a storyline and setting that felt unique.
If you basically want to play a sci-fi mad max? Check it out.

Now all I need is an ENSLAVED remaster.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:54 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I played through the original version of Sleeping Dogs on PS3.
Kind of like elements of shenmue and saints row put together.
Play length was a bit on the short side, but the storyline was ok, the setting seemed authentic enough. It was fun. The dialogue was good.
The definitive Edition is something I've thought about getting, even having played right though it.

If you're into checking out some of the remastered last gen stuff, can I suggest "Bulletstorm - Full Clip edition".
Original was great...an fps that had a storyline and setting that felt unique.
If you basically want to play a sci-fi mad max? Check it out.

Now all I need is an ENSLAVED remaster.
I dunno about all those but I enjoy the authentic Japanese experience in games like Yakuza and Way of the Samurai, and I did enjoy what little I played of Sleeping Dogs for the PS3 even though I felt it was a bit Westernized for a game set in Hong Kong. Maybe it's because everybody was speaking English while throwing in a few Cantonese cuss words.

But I did think it was kind of similar to the Yakuza games which was pretty cool. You had food vendors, gambling (in the form of cockfighting), a karaoke bar, and even sexy massage parlors. The one thing this game had that the Yakuza games did not was driving and racing.

Hell, this game even had a bunch of random ladies that you could date like the ones in the Hostess Clubs for the Yakuza games. But I kind of liked the hostess clubs better because you got to do more with the ladies like buy them expensive gifts and take them out around town. In Sleeping Dogs you do a very short scripted substory for each girlfriend and then they are quickly forgotten about. It seemed kind of pointless to me.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:34 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Well Claire's appearance never changed that drastically before. In RE2 she was dressed as a biker girl (because that's basically what she was) and that same biker look was carried over to Code Veronica and The Darkside Chronicles. She no longer dressed like a biker in Degeneration or Revelations 2 but I always assumed that was because she was a little older in those. I guess the reason this new look bothers me so much is because it's like they're trying to devalue her role as a cool leading female character. It's not even just the fact that her boobs are hanging out, it's the fact that she looks like an ordinary girly girl civy and not a biker!
Claire looks pretty good on this box art.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RE2_Remake_Cover.jpg (34.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-25-2018, 04:00 AM
That fucking Guy...

Yep...she looks like she'd do some stuff...
Old 07-25-2018, 05:31 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Well it's all a matter of opinion and I disagree with both of you. I liked her original look better.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:52 PM
Immortal horror fan

Well from that cover she looks better than those quick shots in the trailer. Also there is a Harley Davidson ad with the new Claire.

The Collector's Edition of the game comes with a Leon statue. I'm still watching for other versions. Perhaps one with a Claire statue. I want to see a better picture of that Police Station blueprint too.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:22 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I get the feeling that this game will focus more on Leon than it does Claire. I mean that's the impression I get just from looking at all of the videos and screenshots of this new game.

It's a real shame because Claire was such a great character and lately Leon has been hogging her spotlight in everything like Degeneration and The Darkside Chronicles. But whatever, like I've said before I don't give a crap about Resident Evil anymore. I'm playing different games now.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:53 PM
Immortal horror fan

Back to not liking Claire's look again. Game looks great though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resident-Evil-2_Gamescom_01.jpg (14.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Resident-Evil-2_Gamescom_08.jpg (19.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-22-2018, 06:46 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I think the game is being overhyped right now.

But back to me (because it's ALL about me hahaha) I heard that they are releasing a collection of Shenmue 1 and 2 for the PS4. I bet I would really like those games so I want to buy them whenever I have the chance.

I like games where I feel like an Asian kungfu warrior!