Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Took me awhile to really "see" Kirk in this new guy, but agreed - there were a few moments near the end where he absolutely nailed it. And yeah, Bones was dead on, just wish he would have had more screen time.

Maybe it's just because I've never been a die-hard Trekkie, but I didn't have any problem with Pegg...he entertained the Hell out of me. Sure, he took some liberties with the character, and he may have been a bit over-the-top, but I found he fit the tone of the film and gave a great fun performance. I can see why it might bug some people, but I thought he was great.
Personally Chekov was my favourite. That kid is amazing.

But anyway, Scotty was always kind of over-zealous in the original series, so I thought Pegg did a good job. The real problem is that Scotty is supposed to blend into the background, and Kirk and Spock were the main roles. I think what Pegg did, was be so good that he stole every scene he was in and thus became a little out of character.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
BH14

A Perfect Getaway.

I really enjoyed this movie as I give it a 8 out of 10.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 01-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Evil Puppy

I really like Pegg in Star Trek as well, the only thing I didn't like was that stupid little creature they insisted on putting in the movie.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:21 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
The Baron of Arizona (1950)

Lucked out this afternoon and managed to catch this on TCM. Been wanting to see it ever since I first heard about it (Vincent Price as a con-artist trying to steal the entire territory of Arizona? Sold!), but couldn't find a copy. Well now that I've seen it, I wasn't let down at all. Just an all-around great movie, with one of Price's best performances. Supporting cast is really strong too - the lovely Ellen Drew plays Price's "Baroness", and Reed Hadley (who also appeared with Price in Shock and Leave Her To Heaven) lights up the screen as a fraud investigator dying to bring down "the Baron of Arizona".

This is also my first exposure to Samuel Fuller, but it wont be my last - his script and direction had me completely engaged right from the opening scene.

Rarely does Price play this kind of character...to go into what makes it such a great performance would spoil aspects of the plot, but suffice to say he goes far beyond his typical villainous role. I think you all know how huge a fan of Price I am, and I'd put this right up with his best work. A must see for all fans of Price, of a good swindle, or of American history (based on a true story!).

Second viewing in theatres...just as amazing as the first.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:52 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
Inside

Disturbing.....but not as bad as I thought it would be.I actually thought Cannibal Holocaust was worse.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:32 PM
She's under the stairs

Subtterano

Am Australian sci fi flick that is not to bad if a little cheesy at times. It's about a virtual reality game that some people get trapped in and hunted down.

6.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 01-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Banned

500 Days Of Summer.....chick flik....not horrible
Old 01-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Evil Puppy

Daybreakers

Not really a horror flick like I expected but I really enjoyed it. The story was interesting and well written, the social commentary was layered and handled very well, and the action was pretty damn good. It was a bit predictable and some of the effects were less than stellar but I really enjoyed this well paced action drama. My buddy said it almost could have been a cop drama.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:51 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Such a cute quirky film - highlights being Screaming Jay Hawkins, a drug Joe Strummer and the revelation that Carl Perkins is indeed the best...
Old 01-09-2010, 06:10 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
They coulda had that Gervais guy do an alright Scotty I thought...

I'm a bit pissed at the whole Simon Pegg thing actually, like I keep holding onto the hope of him being in something as good (not that ST wasn't) or in a role as funny as Shaun or Spaced...and he just keeps being in...shit, or in this case a completely unsuited "lets put him in because people seem to like him now" roles...run fatboy run? that burglar one with david schwimmer? a bunch of zombie related cameos, and didn't see how to lose friends/alienate people but looked about the same league as the other two...
Not saying he should be stuck on horror/comedy forever or anything, but I'd sure like to see him in something I'd actually consider worth watching him in.
You didn't like Hot Fuzz? Then again, he played the straight man, so different from his role in Shaun of the Dead. I agree with you, though. I'm confused and disappointed as to why he has done really poor movies since Shaun of the Dead. As for Star Trek, I'm with the Penguin; I'm not really a Trekkie and I thought that he was absolutely great. He definitely DOES stick out there, amongst the up-and-comers and Nemoy (sort of like a sore thumb).

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
In My Skin (2002)

Nicely disturbing. Liked it. Recommended to Chrono & P_d.;)

>>: B
Noted. I'll check it out. :cool:

Crank2: High Voltage

Gratuitous? Yes.

Offensive? Absolutely.

Enjoyable? Yup!

Nothing but ridiculous action-packed eye candy. But it was definitely a fun ride.

3/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!