Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-13-2014, 05:31 AM
I am the turtle lord

Black Sabbath

If no one has heard of Black Sabbath on this forum your probably going to be persecuted by OZZY.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:06 PM
病気の

My favorite band.....period. Went to two OzFests and just saw them in concert twice last year in Chicago.

Thee Greatest Band on the planet.

When I was a kid, we'd have Black Sabbath Sundays. Listen to their music all morning then horror films the rest of the day. My best memories. : )
Old 12-17-2014, 04:22 AM
Evil Dead

Black Sabbath are awesome! First heard "Iron Man" on a HEAVY METAL compilation and was astounded at how HEAVY it was and how lightweight it made KISS and Led Zeppelin sound. Started buying the albums and still amazed at how good BLACK SABBATH. PARANOID, MASTER OF REALITY, VOLUME 4, SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH, SABOTAGE, HEAVEN AND HELL and MOB RULES still sound. Loved the tempo changes and despite the image they had, how moral their lyrics could be.
On a personal note, Black Sabbath kept me sane through most of 1979. Was living on an Army Post above Chicago, had finally gotten some close friends, a steady girlfriend and a job after much looking. Life was good, so of course, we had to move again to Maryland this time. Serious depression and playing those albums constantly certainly helped...almost a religious experience, especially MOR.
Know some people who love BORN AGAIN and the Tony Martin era, but just not my cup of tea.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:07 AM
I am the turtle lord

I went to one of their concerts last year in Virginia. That was awesome seeing one of the very first really good metal bands.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:55 AM
Evil Dead

I used to be really into music like this, and Black Sabbath was one of my favorites.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:12 AM
The Saw is Family

Send a message via Yahoo to Horror1979
Big fan of Sabbath indeed. Always have great albums.