Old 11-15-2020, 12:41 AM
Evil Dead

HOW AWFUL ABOUT ALLAN (1970). HOW AWFUL IS ALLEN , more like it. I always liked Anthony Perkins; He could play uptight strange people with the best of them, but his character is really just a tool. Interesting premise runs out of gas and the ending is relatively easy to spot. *1/2
Old 11-17-2020, 08:38 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Superstition (1982) 5/10

For an 80’s horror movie I guess it was alright. The best part was the cover though.
Hmm... best movie covers would be a good tourney

Old 11-18-2020, 08:57 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

Amityville Horror (1979)

seen this one a few times, love this movie, fun cast and story,

i laugh everytime that woman grabs her face and speaks in that "linda blair style" demon voice haha
Old 11-18-2020, 09:07 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Hmm... best movie covers would be a good tourney

thatd be interesting!
Old 11-20-2020, 01:10 AM
Evil Dead

THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY (1980). Wonderfully charming comedy of a Coca-Cola bottle dropped from a plane into a Bushmen settlement. The contented group thinks it's a Gift from The Gods and enjoy this new present until it brings hitherto unseen strife. One of the Tribesman (N!Hau is great) decides to take it to "The Edge of the World" and return it to the Gods. Added on are an incredibly klutzy Scientist trying to get a young Teacher to her destination and a group of Revolutionaries attempting a Coup. It all sounds like a lot, but good flow and a lot of truly funny scenes. Highly recommended. ****
Old 11-20-2020, 06:53 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Four Flies On Grey Velvet (1971)

Old 11-25-2020, 05:59 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Dr Phibes Rises Again (1972)
Old 11-28-2020, 01:04 PM
Evil Dead

Cool

I also got to see an American horror anthology film from 1967 called "Dr. Terror's Gallery Of Horror" with Lon Chaney, jr. hosting it, which is not to be mixed up with the Amicus film, "Dr. Terror's House Of Horrors." This one is a comedy horror, and is a lot more funny than scary by far. It is still well done overall with a great hosting performance from Lon Chaney, jr. Each segment also had great hilarious endings. The two funniest are probably the last two with the science students and professor try Dr. Frankenstein's practice at bringing a dead madman back to life, along with the tale of Count Alucard! Those into the classic horror anthology films should check that out as well if they have not already.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:22 AM
Evil Dead

LEMORA: A CHILD'S TALE OF THE SUPERNATURAL (1973). NETFLIX described this as "A Fangy Paen to NIGHT OF THE HUNTER" and can see some of the similarities. A young girl leaves her home/church in search of her gangster father and encounters Lemora and other strange beings. Some good photography, music and props (those cool older cars) help with the somewhat muddled story (which may have been from cuts) and the adorable Cheryl "Rainbeaux" Smith is always worth watching. The Catholic Film Board put the film on a Persona Non Grata list and to be honest, The Church is not presented in the best light. Add to the somewhat seedy atmosphere and seedier people in here, LEMORA is worth a watch, but once was enough. **1/2
Old 11-29-2020, 08:26 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
LEMORA: A CHILD'S TALE OF THE SUPERNATURAL (1973). NETFLIX described this as "A Fangy Paen to NIGHT OF THE HUNTER" and can see some of the similarities. A young girl leaves her home/church in search of her gangster father and encounters Lemora and other strange beings. Some good photography, music and props (those cool older cars) help with the somewhat muddled story (which may have been from cuts) and the adorable Cheryl "Rainbeaux" Smith is always worth watching. The Catholic Film Board put the film on a Persona Non Grata list and to be honest, The Church is not presented in the best light. Add to the somewhat seedy atmosphere and seedier people in here, LEMORA is worth a watch, but once was enough. **1/2
I found that movie to be pretty damn good. But I've only seen it once and that's a long time ago.