Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-25-2019, 02:19 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
That was certainly unexpected! I won't say anything for the people who haven't watched it yet but some asshole spoiled the ending for me since I'm on the west coast and the episode already are by posting a picture. If I hadn't seen that it would have shocked the shit out of me and it still kind of did. All of that and he never even got to hit it.
I feel like it was one of the best episodes this season.
I'd seen one version of that scene via the comics a few years back...though at the time the only noteable cast member that happened to was actually Ezekiel - At the end of one issue you saw a head on a pike with Dreads, I think we were meant to assume it was Michonne, then you got the reveal next issue.

To be honest, I think something I've been waiting for has been achieved with this episode - to bring (at least most of) the core cast back together, to cut loose some of the dead weight characters, and to potentially set up a "new" ongoing core cast.

For me, since the prison so many people have dropped in and out of the show...it would be nice to see the kind of core cast we had season 1-3...it's not like nobody died then, but it just seemed like it worked better.
Splitting up for ages then the seperate communities each with slightly different ideals...it's made it feel disjointed and to be honest it's difficult to keep up with it.

It's just hard to bother with the new characters as most of them have been cannon fodder for too long.
Personally, I can deal with the characters they chose to kill off, and I don't think at this stage any of them are a huge loss to the show.
I hope what we get from this is a closer knit "community" and some characters that get the chance at a little depth and longevity.

It was nice to see Carol and Judith have their moment.

TV Rick would have taken them to war already over this...I wonder who will light the fuse this time around...I mean probably the "smart" thing to do would try to avoid more conflict, but you know that's not gonna happen.,
Old 03-25-2019, 03:53 PM
Banned

I don't think the killing is done yet. We still have one more episode left. I'm terrified that Ezekiel and Carol both are going to get it. Carol is going to do something, you can't deny that. I just hope she doesn't fuck up and get herself killed. But yes! I loved that they brought the cast back together finally. I just don't understand a few things about the ending. When the woman was talking to Ezekiel she asked him about me shown, didn't she? At had me wondering how she knew her name and then towards the end she asked her her name and she told her but that scene took place after the scene with Ezekiel so that confuse the hell out of me as to how she knew who she was in the first place.

I also found it a bit cheesy that after Alpha cleaned herself up and then got back into dirty hobo looking mode, the dirt around her mouth and eyes were exactly the same as before. That seemed a bit far-fetched if she was just smearing dirt on her face.

All I can say is I can't wait until Negan gets loose. I know what happens. It's going to be awesome if they do it on the show the same way they do it in the comics. Poetic Justice!

Also, that music at the end and when you could just see the tip tops at the top of that Hill, that's when my stomach started to sink. That scene was so beautifully well done. Carol played it perfect!

Last edited by Morningriser; 03-25-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:58 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
All I can say is I can't wait until Negan gets loose. I know what happens. It's going to be awesome if they do it on the show the same way they do it in the comics. Poetic Justice!
As I recall...while I'd love to see the scene and how he justifies himself doing it as a "See, I'm a valuable ally???"
I think how it'll play out is that they'll let him out to help them, not yknow isolate him to the outerskirts like they did in the comic...and then yeah it'll look like he's turned on them, then that will happen.
Though in the comic, despite him acting like a dog wagging his tail over it, as I recall with that act he ended up making things a lot worse.

I feel like this version of Negan is a lot more kind of "A lost guy who ended up running a dictatorship and became a bit power mad" rather than the absolute psychopath he was in the comic.
This one actually (at least) seems a little more genuine in wanting to redeem himself - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the show ends up spinning him into a main character.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 03-25-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:18 PM
Banned

But in the comics doesn't he turn a new Leaf all together as well? I mean given how his story began, with his wife And everything, it would be enough to set anybody over the edge. Look what happened to Morgan. Who's to say in the beginning Negan wasn't just like that only instead of only instead of meeting someone like Morgan dead who grounded him, Negan just wondered alone until he started building up the savior's. I mean in the comics, Negan wasn't even his real name. It was the name of a gym teacher he hated and use the name because it was something he hated. I'm not sure why that emotive a to him but it did. Just like on the show though, in the comics he wouldn't kill women or children. Whether it be the comics or the show he has a heart. I mean he was nice to Carl and he's nice to Judith. Even though him and Rick were enemies, he also respected Rick. When you stop and think about it and that type of situation, one group is just as bad as the other. I mean technically they did start this shit was Negan in the savior's but the point is everybody's doing everything they can to survive and protect their own and what they consider good for them is not going to be good for other groups. The point is they are all exactly the same. Some are more evil than others but they would still bring hell to anything they saw as a threat.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:33 PM
ventricle

I agree, I'm glad they cut down the cast. I preferred the smaller cast of the first 3 seasons. And the cast lost will not be missed... not critical to the story.

Also agree the communities would be better off leaving the Whisperers alone, considering they can kill quite well without any help of hoards, plus they have the hoards to knock down walls and overrun communities. But ya, there will probably be conflict.

The Communities can kill the Whisperer leaders, but they wouldn't know that would do any good. They'd have to sell them on a new way of life.

I'd still like to see what's up with Georgie, Maggie, and the Helo-people.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:36 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
When the woman was talking to Ezekiel she asked him about me shown, didn't she? At had me wondering how she knew her name and then towards the end she asked her her name and she told her but that scene took place after the scene with Ezekiel so that confuse the hell out of me as to how she knew who she was in the first place.

I also found it a bit cheesy that after Alpha cleaned herself up and then got back into dirty hobo looking mode, the dirt around her mouth and eyes were exactly the same as before. That seemed a bit far-fetched if she was just smearing dirt on her face.

Also, that music at the end and when you could just see the tip tops at the top of that Hill, that's when my stomach started to sink. That scene was so beautifully well done. Carol played it perfect!
Alpha walked around the Fair listening and asking questions, she could easily find out who Michonne was, and a ton of anything else. But Alpha probably didn't know what she looked like... which is why she asked Michonne who she was, but knew of her.

Alpha cleaned up for the Fair, and i couldn't even recognise her -- and then when she went back to the woods, she put on the charcoal and mask for safe walking. So it's normal she'd have the eye makeup back.

Last edited by Sculpt; 03-25-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:47 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
But in the comics doesn't he turn a new Leaf all together as well? I mean given how his story began, with his wife And everything, it would be enough to set anybody over the edge.
Hm...I mean he stopped outright killing the "good guys"...though I think he still didn't really like them, like, at all. "Fuck you" kinda attitude the whole way.
He did have a moment when he broke down and talked to/apologised to Lucille, which is actually the name of his dead wife, for not being there.
That was about it.
He's been pretty scarce in the comic for a while now.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:37 AM
Banned

Jeez Sculpt, I said the woman so it wouldn't spoil anything for those who haven't watched it yet but never mind haha. I think with Maggie, they are acting like they don't know where she's at because supposedly Lauren Cohan needed a break from the show. I think they still could have given her a story as to why she isn't there rather than everybody just saying she's gone. But yeah, if anybody thinks they are going to take that shit lying down and they are mistaken. I mean Negan killed Glenn and Abraham out of Revenge for the group killing some saviors. The Whispers started this by Killing Jesus but all of this happened because they wouldn't give Lidia back. No one, especially Carol of all people, is going to let this go.

But yeah, I'm glad they cut down this cast. I'm guessing that's why they brought all of them on there so they could have a good amount of deaths without many people we like and no dying. I don't really understand why they killed the two women that we like that they did, but I guess they had to kill somebody. I always thought mean it was kind of hot. Fuck it, if anybody is reading this damn it they deserve to get spoiled lol

But yeah, I didn't recognize Alpha either. I mean I knew it was somebody from The Whispers but I just didn't realize it was her. Even when it showed her walking up to Henry without the wig, it still didn't look like her.

If Dog dies we riot! I have a feeling though that's the only reason they put him on the show though :-(
Old 03-26-2019, 04:32 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Jeez Sculpt, I said the woman so it wouldn't spoil anything for those who haven't watched it yet but never mind haha. I think with Maggie, they are acting like they don't know where she's at because supposedly Lauren Cohan needed a break from the show. I think they still could have given her a story as to why she isn't there rather than everybody just saying she's gone. But yeah, if anybody thinks they are going to take that shit lying down and they are mistaken. I mean Negan killed Glenn and Abraham out of Revenge for the group killing some saviors. The Whispers started this by Killing Jesus but all of this happened because they wouldn't give Lidia back. No one, especially Carol of all people, is going to let this go.

But yeah, I'm glad they cut down this cast. I'm guessing that's why they brought all of them on there so they could have a good amount of deaths without many people we like and no dying. I don't really understand why they killed the two women that we like that they did, but I guess they had to kill somebody. I always thought mean it was kind of hot. Fuck it, if anybody is reading this damn it they deserve to get spoiled lol

But yeah, I didn't recognize Alpha either. I mean I knew it was somebody from The Whispers but I just didn't realize it was her. Even when it showed her walking up to Henry without the wig, it still didn't look like her.

If Dog dies we riot! I have a feeling though that's the only reason they put him on the show though :-(
SPOILERS

I don't think saying Alpha was at the Fair is a super spoiler. But ya, avid watchers don't tend to read TWD forum posts when there's new ep they haven't seen. Folks are more worried about the comic readers revealing key reveals that haven't come out in the currents eps.

All the leaders agreed an attack on any of the Communities is an attack on all, and that they need to respond.

For some reason they killed Jesus, rather than just following them. Not sure why the Whisperers did that. It's a story reveal, but seems like a plot hole... why would the Whisperers do that? They don't get anything out of it.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:15 PM
Banned

They picked the perfect time to make that pact and sign that decree, didn't they? But yeah, even if they didn't, Carol would go on her own after them if she had to. I think we are going to see some more deaths Sunday but somehow I have a feeling they are going to let Negan come out and play ball at the very end just to get the fans excited for next season. I don't really know much about the comics other than just the key things I see others talking about on Facebook but I saw the pictures of Alphas demise and if they do it that way it's going to be awesome. I love the picture of Negan saying wait until he gets a look at you.

I also just realized how badly I butchered the text in that last message and I'm really going to have to start keeping an eye on that. I was trying to say I thought Enid I was kind of hot. Also, I forget their names, but the two guys that played music that got killed, I didn't think they would last all that long anyway because the idea that they were carrying around all these instruments with them during the zombie apocalypse, just seemed a bit dumb and naive. I can respect why they wanted to do it but natural selection will always win. I am not trying to call them stupid but at the same time I'm not exactly calling them wise man either haha. I'm anxious to see how they're going to end the season.