Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Agree, ED2 was superior to ED. Of course ED2 is a remake, not a sequel. I don't think the plot, acting or humor of ED2 was worse than ED.

I think it works as a sequel when you view it as it begins from where ED1 ended. ED2 is sometimes considered a remake but that's just because Sam Raimi couldn't get the rights to the first movie to use the first movie's ending for the recap, so he filmed the scenes at the beginning for a loose recap of the first movie.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Bronson

Yes ED2 is by far the best of the three, however I really did like the re-make and some of the original elements like: The pendant, Mia is sitting on Ash's car the first time we see her (are they trying to say Ash was there at some point years ago? hmmmm) TWO CHARACTERS LOSING HANDS! And then Mia sticking her stump in the chainsaw at the end. I admit I laughed out loud and cheered! Do have to admit I would have liked to have seen Bruce Campbell playing the father at the beginning, at first glance I did think it was him.

But we are talking superior sequels here aren't we. Ok here's my list in noparticular order.

Halloween 2 Because it is the only sequel ever (that comes to mind), that takes up the moment the previous installment left off. Plus there is no slow build up, Haddonfield is in the thick of it.

The Devil's Rejects Rob Zombie gets it right! And then only gets half of his Halloween re-make right...the first half...the backstory.

Phantasm II (props to Jigsaw Killer)

Friday the 13th part II (Introducing Jason!! Also i have to admit I am directly connected to the original cause the location was my boyscout camp in Blairstown, NJ so that was a hard decision for me)

Dawn of The Dead Honestly because it was bigger in vision, but the blue zombies still annoy me. However the Zach Synder version beats them all.

Evil Dead 2 all ready covered that

Prometheus yeah, yeah, Ridley Scott it isn't a "prequel" to "Alien"we know...cough, cough "BS!" And it has Fassbender!

Blairwitch 2: Book of Shadows basically because it was watchable, and there is something to be said about a Wiccan orgy in the woods....something that happens to be on my bucket list.

Let's see....Do we consider 3rd & 4th installments??? I guess so, I pulled "Prometheus" out of no where, bet you automatically thought of "Aliens"??? yeah that one is more exciting than the original, but I think "Alien" is a better film.

OHHH!!! American Psycho 2 starring William Shatner.....I kid, I jest, I joke. That movie is awful.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastNightOnEarth View Post
Halloween 2 Because it is the only sequel ever (that comes to mind), that takes up the moment the previous installment left off. Plus there is no slow build up, Haddonfield is in the thick of it.
REC 2 also picks up exactly where the first one left off

Old 08-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Bronson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
REC 2 also picks up exactly where the first one left off
Interesting, I did not know that. I used to be way into foreign films, especially after the crouching tiger phase, but I really can't stand reading subtitles anymore. There was some french movie about a girl, and her car broke down and she was running from a killer and she had a chainsaw, but it turned out she was the killer, I don't remember, but I think that was the last one I actually watched.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastNightOnEarth View Post
Interesting, I did not know that. I used to be way into foreign films, especially after the crouching tiger phase, but I really can't stand reading subtitles anymore. There was some french movie about a girl, and her car broke down and she was running from a killer and she had a chainsaw, but it turned out she was the killer, I don't remember, but I think that was the last one I actually watched.
I think that film is called High Tension (also known as Haute Tension). I have not seen of it, but I have heard of it. I recently (like in the past year) started watching foreign (mainly horror) movies. I really enjoyed Rec, Shutter (2004), and Tale of Two Sisters.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:02 AM
HDC's old chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
I think that film is called High Tension (also known as Haute Tension). I have not seen of it, but I have heard of it. I recently (like in the past year) started watching foreign (mainly horror) movies. I really enjoyed Rec, Shutter (2004), and Tale of Two Sisters.
Check out "Dumplings"
Old 08-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Bronson

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
High Tension! Yeah that's it! that was great!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
Check out "Dumplings"
I think that film was included with the special edition of Three...Extremes (3 Extremes) I bought today. Unless it's just part of the film, I do not know, I have not seen it yet. I just know that I saw a disc that said Dumplings on it.

Last edited by metternich1815; 08-13-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:04 PM
Bronson

Ok, here's a sequel that blows away the original..."V.H.S 2" watched it last night On Demand. WOW! It was freaky good. Loved he original but this kind of blew it away. Found it very creative in the use of camera work and picture quality. I mean it's called VHS but who the hell wants to watch grainy camera footage.

One story had a guy with a prosthetic eye with a camera in it to give him sight cause he lost his eye in a car accident and he saw everything in HD....story was he was seeing ghosts, but it was HD.

Another one was a first-person zombie story from the zombie's perspective. Dude is mountain biking in the woods with a helmet camera and he gets turned into a zombie.

Another was a Jim Jones story with a camera crew inside the compound...that one was freaky as hell and pretty disturbing.

The final was an alien story, this didn't get the HD treatment but the SFX were pretty wild.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Evil Dead

I still have to see the V/H/S movies, been intrigued to see both of them.