Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-29-2004, 03:40 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Man Sledgehammers Family

Family Member Killed In Sledgehammer Rampage

SACRAMENTO,California - A violent rampage through a Sacramento neighborhood Monday has left one dead and three others injured. The suspect allegedly wielded a sledgehammer and attacked members of his own family.

Authorities said that 911 calls came flooding in around 12:20 p.m. Neighbors said 33-year-old Mario Vang went on a brutal and bloody rampage.

According to police, Vang used a sledgehammer to attack four family members. Detectives say he beat one relative so bad, that he never had a chance.

"I just couldn't believe what had happened. I was in shock," said witness Rochonne Jones.

Two other victims -- Vang's 19-year-old brother and 38-year-old sister-in-law -- are listed in critical condition at the UC Davis Medical Center. A third person was said to be OK.

Minutes after the attack, police chased Vang. He was arrested after crashing his car just a few miles away from the crime scene.

But this was not Vang's first run in with police. On Sunday night, officers came to his Pinnell Way home. Family members said he was mentally unstable and dangerous. But unable to prove he was a threat, Vang was never arrested.

On Monday at about 7 a.m., Vang was found digging a hole at a Roseville RT station. Again, he was not arrested.

"If they are not indicating that they want to hurt themselves or someone else, we're limited in what (we can) do," said Sacramento Police Department spokesman Justin Risley. "Unfortunately, we can't do anything else. We can't take someone off the street because they're digging into the ground."

Police believe Vang was high on drugs during the attack. A witness said Vang taunted his victims, laughing during and after each beating.

"What he did, how could you forget it?" said witness Delbert Lang. "I don't think I'll ever forget that. I ain't never seen nothing in my life like that."

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be

Last edited by bloodrayne; 09-29-2004 at 03:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Banned