Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-23-2008, 11:52 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
But the idea is that it isn't a gene, but merely a more balanced amount of hormones. Everybody has both male and female hormones. Men have more male one, women have more female ones. But if a man has a closer balance of man - woman hormones, he may be attracted to males, as women are. It's the same but opposite for gay women. It's not really one gene. And though it's no fact yet, it's more than just a theory, as they have a lot of evidence to back it up, but not enough to make it totally conclusive.

I personally don't see how it could be a choice, because if it were, the gay people who receive constant abuse for it would merely change. But they don't because they can't help how they feel. Same as I'm sure you wouldn't be able to stop finding women attractive, even if you tried.
Well, what you are refering to is a chemical imbalance. That's entirely possible, but it actually seems like a more negative statement than calling it an individual choice or a gene they are born with. A chemical imbalance suggests something is wrong with their body and they could go get a perscription to correct it, which I don't really agree with. I don't think anything is wrong with them physically and they certainly shouldn't have to take medication to 'correct' their chemical imbalance. (Also, I don't believe the scientific community is working on a cure for homosexuality. I realize you never suggested they were, but a chemical imbalance is something that could be 'cured'.)

And for the record, I am not on the same page as this Bible banger Nikkie that just showed up. I don't think being gay is a sin and I don't hold it against anyone. Like I said earlier, I have some gay friends. I just personally don't believe that it's something people are born with. At some point in their life, through nature, nurture, environment or just personal preference, they decided to like people of the same sex. If it occured at a very young age, it's perfectly reasonable to me that they would just assume that's the way they've always been. And some day, science may prove that wrong, but until that happens, that's just my own personal theory/belief.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKKiE View Post
No one is born gay. Gay is a sin therefore since no child is born a sinner you could of never been born gay. Dont get offended im allowed to think what is right :)
People like you give Christians like me a bad name. I hate to get into a religious debate but the basic rule for being a Christian is Do unto others as you would have done to you. As Christians we should be accepting of others and try to understand them. Not to tell people they are wrong for not agreeing with us, and certainly not to make others miserable.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:55 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Any good Christian will tell you that God is the only true judge of what is and is not a sin, so in condemning people here for being gay, are you not sinning yourself?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
People like you give Christians like me a bad name. I hate to get into a religious debate but the basic rule for being a Christian is Do unto others as you would have done to you. As Christians we should be accepting of others and try to understand them. Not to tell people they are wrong for not agreeing with us, and certainly not to make others miserable.
Are you stupid? Christians do not go with gays we are against them why? God created us not to be gay adam and eve man and woman not man and man woman and woman. If you were a true christian you would not be for gays.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
Well, what you are refering to is a chemical imbalance. That's entirely possible, but it actually seems like a more negative statement than calling it an individual choice or a gene they are born with. A chemical imbalance suggests something is wrong with their body and they could go get a perscription to correct it, which I don't really agree with. I don't think anything is wrong with them physically and they certainly shouldn't have to take medication to 'correct' their chemical imbalance. (Also, I don't believe the scientific community is working on a cure for homosexuality. I realize you never suggested they were, but a chemical imbalance is something that could be 'cured'.)

And for the record, I am not on the same page as this Bible banger Nikkie that just showed up. I don't think being gay is a sin and I don't hold it against anyone. Like I said earlier, I have some gay friends. I just personally don't believe that it's something people are born with. At some point in their life, through nature, nurture, environment or just personal preference, they decided to like people of the same sex. If it occured at a very young age, it's perfectly reasonable to me that they would just assume that's the way they've always been. And some day, science may prove that wrong, but until that happens, that's just my own personal theory/belief.

I've been a member since 03 i didnt just show up stupid.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Banned

EVIL WOMAN BE GONE! haha
Old 11-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Are you stupid? Christians do not go with gays we are against them why? God created us not to be gay adam and eve man and woman not man and man woman and woman. If you were a true christian you would not be for gays.
I guess I'm stupid then. God created Adam and Eve, and yes I think that is the way a relationship should be. Doesn't mean I am going to war with every person who isn't like that. Many of my best friends are homosexual or bisexual, Posher included. I love and accept all of them, just the same as I love any human being no matter what. It's not my place to tell them if their lifestyle is right or wrong. I feel I am on this earth to be there for people and attempt to make it a better place by making people happy. Nothing less, nothing more.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
I never understood how people could have this mindset...
Old 11-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Dont call her stupid. You know these are the things you think, okay. Your thoughts are allowed here thats fine but you shouldnt insult people. Your a rude evil person and i get tired of hearing this crap. Why did you even come back on here to rant and treat us like crap. Go away seriously your not wanted your just going to get banned.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Analrapist

Bwind, since you believe sexuality is a choice, do you believe you also chose to be heterosexual at some point in your life?

Simple curiosity...

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.

Tags
quit obsessing