Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
The thing that makes me angriest about that is when schools let their students demonstrate or have a "gay pride day". It's a sexual preference and has no place in schools.
well, like i said before - whenever there has been oppression - there is always a natural swing of the pendulum far the other way ...

it takes a while to find the balance so there's going to be some instances of extremes.

i know where you're coming from - i just dont worry too much about it.

Toronto has a huge gay pride parade. i've never been but people love it - to me its a big sign of tolerance - people - including straight folks - have been having a lot of fun with the event and i do believe it has a positive effect on acceptance.

school is usually the first place kids are discovering their sexuality - i'm all for tolerance being promoted in schools .. god knows a lot of parents wont do it.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
I think when gays do that they're hurting their cause by perpetuating the idea they're different to straight people. Why not just leave it at we're all humans?
It's like racism or anything else.

"Treat us equally!"

"Wait... we want extra stuff too. You have to hire us."

"We're all human beings! We all bleed when we're pricked do we not?"

"Oh, hey, I think we need a month of history just for us."

"Don't look at us as homosexuals, just look at us as people!"

"While we're at it we're going to have a giant parade to celebrate the fact that we enjoy sleeping with the same sex."

"Oi vey, we went through some shit in Egypt... and even more in Germany. Don't hate us based on our religious beliefs!"

"No really, we just want to be treated equally."

Ok, so maybe not EVERYTHING else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
i know where you're coming from - i just dont worry too much about it.
But sex shouldn't be a factor in school anyway. If I was in high school still and walked around reminding everybody I liked to have sex with women I'd be suspended. Either way it's bad, straight OR gay.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Slightly off topic but in the United Kingdom, we have something called the MOBO Awards. Heard of it? Music Of Black Origin Awards! Literally, only black musicians can win it! But it's allowed! Imagine the uproar if there were MOWO awards that only white people could win! And what would the asians have?

The Ferrets like it...
Old 11-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
But sex shouldn't be a factor in school anyway. If I was in high school still and walked around reminding everybody I liked to have sex with women I'd be suspended. Either way it's bad, straight OR gay.

good or bad ... it's a fact of life - you cant turn back the tide - it happens.
(teen sexuality)

i didnt go around talking about it out loud but i'm not sure if i had a single thought about anything else the whole time i was in high school.

and i have the marks to support that :D
Old 11-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I see it as Being proud of who you are is good, forcing other people to listen to you be proud isn't soo good. Yeh, don't keep it all hushed up but I do get a little miffed when people get in your face about who they are.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 11-23-2008, 01:12 PM
No charge for awesomeness

I think sexuality should be taught by parents, but the simple fact is that it doesn't always happen. If it's not taught in school, we'd have probably half the population walking around ignorant to things like STDs and pregnancy.

I do have an issue with public schools starting it too young though. We had sex ed in 4th grade and I've read there are schools starting as early as 1st or 2nd grade. At that age, all they really need to know is 'good touch, bad touch'. Not how to perform intercourse or apply a condom.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I'm sure we can figure out a way to keep ourselves warm. ;)

You and the wife have room for one more? :p
hell yes !

just think of me as a canoe, or life raft .. or a log ride.

or anything else dirty you can think of.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:16 PM
balllls

Send a message via AIM to hacelikewhoa
They stand up for themselves just as I would if millions of people did not approve of my sexuality and they had to degrade me as a human being. What if being straight was 'immoral?' I would stand up for myself and be proud of what I am too. If it weren't for so many people's disgust and disapproving they wouldn't need to draw attention to their way of life. Maybe they are tired of getting shunned. Maybe if so many people didn't see them as freaks they wouldn't need to stand up. They are only doing this to be on the same level as the rest of the world instead of being frowned upon, and with that they are succeeding.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
I think sexuality should be taught by parents, but the simple fact is that it doesn't always happen. If it's not taught in school, we'd have probably half the population walking around ignorant to things like STDs and pregnancy.

I do have an issue with public schools starting it too young though. We had sex ed in 4th grade and I've read there are schools starting as early as 1st or 2nd grade. At that age, all they really need to know is 'good touch, bad touch'. Not how to perform intercourse or apply a condom.
At my school, when I was in year 5 (which I believe would make the same age as a 4th grader), they began learning about things like puberty. It wasn't until the following year we began learning about actual sexual intercourse, though I think my entire class was already well aware of everything to do with it.

I think there are two sides to the story of it being to young. 1st or 2nd graders being taught it at that age has a benefit in that it doesn't seem strange or scary to them, and they are well informed. But then, them knowing about it at such a fragile age could lead them to do...shall we say...silly things they don't really understand about. And it's introducing them to the real, sometimes scary world a bit soon, taking a piece of their such precious childhood innocence. I personally think that is way too early.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 11-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacelikewhoa View Post
They stand up for themselves just as I would if millions of people did not approve of my sexuality and they had to degrade me as a human being. What if being straight was 'immoral?' I would stand up for myself and be proud of what I am too. If it weren't for so many people's disgust and disapproving they wouldn't need to draw attention to their way of life. Maybe they are tired of getting shunned. Maybe if so many people didn't see them as freaks they wouldn't need to stand up. They are only doing this to be on the same level as the rest of the world instead of being frowned upon, and with that they are succeeding.
I agree they should stand up for themselves to make themselves seem equal, but some take it to a level where they are pretty much making themselves believe they are better. But definetely, there should be some pride there. But respect for views works both ways, and some of them don't seem to grasp that. Same for people who are so straight they make a motorway seem like a roundabout.

The Ferrets like it...

Tags
quit obsessing