Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Evil Dead

They changed enough for it to be its own thing but had enough call backs and style that you knew it was an Evil Dead flick. You know when things will happen... you've seen it all before... you just don't know HOW shit's going to hit the fan. Groovy.
Evil Dead.

Loved it. Instant favorite. I wish I could have stayed in the theater and watched it again as soon as the credits stopped rolling. Definitely paid plenty of respect to the original. I think it even made use of some audio samples. Splatterific and demonically horrifying.

Groovy is right. It will feast on your soul.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:56 AM
Horror Fan

Halloween: H20. Michael Myers only kills 3 people!

Old 04-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Halloween: H20. Michael Myers only kills 3 people!
lolz! But the thing that kinda annoyed me most in H2O was Michael 'looked' lot shorter & somewhat 'younger' than any other films in the series. :D
Old 04-07-2013, 05:15 AM
That fucking Guy...

LOCKOUT on BluRay.
Yknow, not bad. Decent sci/fi action flick.
Don't think I'll keep it though.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:54 AM
mostly ghostly?

Saw Evil Dead (2013) last night.

Gotta say, I was pretty disappointed. Aside from the nods to the original(s) and a general outrageousness, it didn't seem elevated much beyond standard contemporary horror fare.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Pirate of Bengal

A Resurrection aka The Sibling (2013)

High school psychologist, Jessie tries to help mentally disturbed student Eli who believes that his brother is returning from the grave for revenge on the students who killed him.

Very mediocre, watched it only because of beautiful Mischa Barton who played the school psychologist.

>>: C

Entity (2012)

A small group of TV crew goes to Serbian forest to investigate a mysterious site of a secret Govt. research facility where 34 unidentified bodies were found in 1998. In that sites of unsolved crimes, they employ the gifts of a psychic whose extraordinary powers eventually turns up pretty provocative but helpful to get out alive from there.

Though it's got a fine Grave Encounters like opening but overall quite boring 'abandoned site' horror flick.

>>: C-

House Hunting (2013)

While at the same time two families comes to see a show home in a remote part of the woods, they discover a mysterious-terrified girl who has had her tongue cut out. They tries to drive to the hospital but keep ending up back at the house. And for hours they try to escape back to the main road but it seems the house doesn't want them to leave so easily & shortly. As the days goes by, two families gradually starts to descend into madness while trapped inside that deserted farmhouse.

Another example of how a potentially nice idea can get almost ruined by a dull script & characterization. The ending was fine though.

>>: C+

13 Eerie (2013)

Six ambitious forensic undergrads are marooned on a remote island during a university field project. Unbeknownst to the group, the site was formerly used as an illegal biological testing ground for life-term criminals left for dead. But they aren't. They're undead.

A decent, fun zombiesque action-horror flick. After lately seen her in American Marry, it seems Katharine 'Ginger' Isabelle is just getting hotter & hotter every day. ;)

>>: B
Old 04-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Evil Dead

willard (2003)

Just seen the remake of this movie, I thought this movie being made in early 00s would be a lot better then first movie and a lot more stuff to happen in the movie and better done

I didn't think the willard (1971) was great movie, I thought it was decent movie , I do think that movie was much better then this remake.

I need to compare to first cause I only saw that 2 days ago, so in still really Fresh in my mind.

I didn't really like this remake, cause willard bit stranger in bad, I found it a little confusing at times in the movie, I didn't really buy in connection with Rats at all.

I didn't feel sorry as him as much I did feel sorry willard 1971 movie, they did a better story in this movie, when you get to warm to willard but in this remake it dose not happen, Felt they missing of the story in the movie.

I got be fed with willard as he set up traps after the rats did him favor, That didn't seem to make sense to me.

There are some scenes I just found silly, when the Cats come in the room and runs to chair and then turn stereo on which starts playing Michael Jackson Ben song

That made me laugh so much, I found scenes very funny.

Why did they mess up with the ending, first ending was so much better, This remake had me appreciate (1972) more.

The acting this movie was decent but some of the scenes the acting just way of the top at times, it ends up looking really silly.

4 out of 10 Worth watching once!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Evil Dead

Evil Dead (2013)

Im very biased as my favorite movie is the original Evil Dead, but for what it is the re make isnt bad. I actually enjoyed it, but it definitely doesnt touch the original. I know every horror film likes to use the tag lines "the scariest" "the most terrifying" etc. etc. but I really kinda expected a bit more brutality in this. I do appreciate the nods to the original that was here and there, but it was totally different than the original. And while I did enjoy this more than most newer horror films, I still feel like it kinda seems too mainstream and go with the flowish. The original was more balls to the wall and fuck it lets do something different. But again, its not a bad movie, I would have probably enjoyed it even more had it not been called Evil Dead. 4/5
Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Smiley .
Old 04-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamahorrorfan87 View Post
Smiley .
How was it?

Tags
movie