Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Evil Dead

Mass Effect 2

Well for those of us that loved the first, which I did the impending sequel looks very exciting. Cleaner faster combat, and grapically presentation same guy doing the score )bring me on more of that Blade Runner scoring!) and a host of new more interesting characters.

Additionally I loved the overall theme that Mass 1 set, be aware though if you havent played the first and still intend to the folowing will contain enough spoilers to turn you into the only child of a royal family.

The first game however dealt mainly with genocide. The over-arching plot pertained to an ancient race of machines awaiting in limbo to eliminate all advanced organic life from the galaxy. They are our villians evil genocide bent robots. Yet it doesn't take to long into the game we our faced the more cases of such. The very council of races we belong to had once excetuted the genocide of a hostile insectoid species from the galaxy, and the game will offer you the ultimate choice of that species fate. Secondly the warlike species Krogan are expierencing genoicide too caused by the the council of races, they aren't wiped out yet but are on the verge.

So here we are in the middle of it all fighting beings that wish to wipe out as entirely while the very people we work with have down the same twice, they have their reasons of course but still how can anyone condone the complete elimiation of a species?

Then we have the Geth, a species of senitent machine created recently that have gotten out of control, made to be, menial workers and evolved there creators attempted to wipe them out once they achieved sentience only to be in turn nearly destroyed by there own creation. The Geth too stand mainly as enemies, in Mass Effect but nonetheless are ultimately victims. Simply because they are not organic we percieve them as a dire threat, yet they realise they are alive? They wonder at there purpose? All the while there own creators tried to wipe them out.

All these smaller threads of genocide weave in between, so can we really presume to be the good guys saving the galaxy from an ancient threat hell bent on wiping us all out, while we wipe out any other species to the last we don't understand?

I am truely intrigued to see where it all goes. Anyone else excited for it?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
I know i do.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:07 AM
For Vendetta

The new launch trailer for the video game “Mass Effect 2″ coming soon to the Xbox 360 and PC.

Game Description: Once again stepping into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, gamers command their crew on a suicide mission in space. Players must assemble their squad from amongst the galaxy’s most powerful mystics, geniuses, and convicts and lead them on a suicide mission to discover why humans are vanishing from the galaxy. The success of the mission hinges on the squad recruited and their loyalty to the mission. Shepard’s future depends on it.

Mass Effect 2 hits stores January 26, 2010 from Electronic Arts.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Scares Little Kids

this mass effect 2 will the greatest game . i think mass effect will be more advance than the mass effect 1.i really amazed with the trailer itself.
this game is more interesting than the first version .they had modified many things in this 2nd version.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:09 AM
Scares Little Kids

wallpapers of Mass Effect 2

here are some wallpapers of mass effect 2