Old 02-28-2019, 07:53 PM
That fucking Guy...

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Lets go for some discussion about what transpired in the following video.
Please keep it mature and respectful...it's something of a controversial and divisive issue...different age, upbringing, culture, and sex come into play in some of the differences I've seen raised.

I myself think it's a pretty simple matter, but I'll save my commentary for a little later on, see how the discussion kicks off.

Just to be clear, the "coma" bit was cause by the fall to the ground, nobody hit anybody hard enough to do that.

Proceed.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:53 PM
Misanthrope

Everyone has a right to defend themselves. Sure lines can be blurred especially from the social conditioning that "you never hit a woman". Ultimately that ideology should be changed that "you don't hit anyone".

Looking at the footage ultimately the only issue I have with the guy is that he hit her WAY to hard and the situation could've been handled differently.

The size/weight difference just makes it a bit of a dick move in my eyes.

The level of retaliation was a bit over the top.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:05 AM
This is a test

It looks like he just reacted instinctively. He also looks like he might be a boxer. Which could have accounted for the on point heavy hit. He could have quickly assessed the situation and toned it down. But shes got NO right to hit anyone and be excused by her gender.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:49 AM
Also known as newb

I've always been of the "never hit a woman" mind but to be honest, i think people are just getting way too aggressive nowadays. For her to punch him and clearly aiming for his face and expect no reciprocal action was pretty foolish. I also agree he hit her way too hard. It would be helpful to know what prompted her actions. With that being said. it's still unacceptable for one person to strike another.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:54 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Everyone has a right to defend themselves. Sure lines can be blurred especially from the social conditioning that "you never hit a woman". Ultimately that ideology should be changed that "you don't hit anyone".
That is exactly it. Everyone, anyone should be frowned upon for violence towards another person...even if someone else instigated it with words...taking it into the physical realm is still something everyone is responsible for.

Quote:
Looking at the footage ultimately the only issue I have with the guy is that he hit her WAY to hard and the situation could've been handled differently.

The size/weight difference just makes it a bit of a dick move in my eyes.

The level of retaliation was a bit over the top.
Yup. Though I'm not sure where his concentration level would have been at in the face of that.

Quote:
It looks like he just reacted instinctively. He also looks like he might be a boxer. Which could have accounted for the on point heavy hit. He could have quickly assessed the situation and toned it down. But shes got NO right to hit anyone and be excused by her gender.
That's what I saw too...It looked a little bit precise and I assume he knows how to throw a punch - that said, looking at it, it was quick but in my view it was actually quite restrained and no subsequent attacks were thrown in...it was done while under attack, so the fact that he showed the restraint he did was probably pretty lucky for her.
Like, the guy didn't exactly knock her out. I mean, the ground did, but he didn't.

Damn straight. No right at all - and while evidently drunk and sloppy, she was throwing with her all there, putting her body and shoulders right into it...if properly connected those punches would have hurt and likely caused a fair bit of damage to anyone.

Quote:
I've always been of the "never hit a woman" mind but to be honest, i think people are just getting way too aggressive nowadays.
Same here. I don't even like the idea of hitting a guy...stupidly...even if someone has wronged me, the idea of actually hurting someone and potentially causing something like this, or even more minor injuries, somehow I'd still feel bad about it. With a woman? Even moreso.

Though yes...things have gone on too far with this kind of shit, people just feeling entitled to attack others like this.

Quote:
For her to punch him and clearly aiming for his face and expect no reciprocal action was pretty foolish. I also agree he hit her way too hard.
Yes for the first point, *kinda* for the second. I mean look, it did damage largely on account of she fell onto concrete. Such things are probably hard to think too much into the future with when you're dodging this chick swinging at you full force. The punch itself...I think was just more quick and proficient than anything...from the look of it, the guy knew how to throw a punch, which means he *could have* outright decked her.
I dunno.
Yeah the result certainly wasn't good though.
I just think that in a physical confrontation it might be difficult to think and calculate such things.

Quote:
It would be helpful to know what prompted her actions.
I mean, unless it was physical abuse...I think it would be interesting to know...but I don't think anything less could have really warranted it.

Quote:
With that being said. it's still unacceptable for one person to strike another.
Yes.

So my thoughts.
She's not going to be hitting anyone else any time soon if she has any sense of self preservation at all.
That's the thing with "society" isn't it, though?
We have built up systems to lessen pain, lessen "danger" and we have moral obligations and expectations that have been aligned based on politeness, chivalry and the like.
The earliest lessons of humankind would have been taught out of pain, necessity, and evasion of danger...because the danger was more evident.
All of this is gone.
You don't have anything challenge you, and you feel invincible evidently.
You're not even meant to give a kid an open handed smack any more...tell me you haven't seen some horrors of kids under the age of 10 since this has become a thing.

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not saying "women should be hit to teach them this lesson", wow. I'm saying that the unrealistic expectation that you can carry on like this and be protected by some antiquated notion of moral black and white "never hit women", is something that should be curbed.
A lot of these teachings were given to BOYS when I was at school, never the girls.
It's like saying here, here's a force field.

Should be along the lines of
"If you attack someone, you also put yourself at risk of this physical conflict"
For everyone. Equally. Best to avoid it.

Something I learned in security training was the concept of "force continuum", and I think this should be applied in any physical situation.
Basically, if you're are under attack - You can get physical but only to the point that is reasonable and necessary to stop the attack.
If they step it up or continue - then you do too.
Now of course, in a fight there's not a lot of time to think and process...but it's always easy enough to know if/when you're going overboard or unto stupid territory.
I don't think the guy in this video had much a chance to think about it.
Though - in his defense, it did stop the attack, and he didn't continue once it was evident she was no longer a threat.

All in all?
Fuck attacking people - but if you're going to? Know that shit isn't always going to go your way, and in my mind if you've "started it", you give away any rights whatsoever to complain about the results of someone defending themselves against your attack.
Male or female.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:53 PM
Also known as newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
That is exactly it. Everyone, anyone should be frowned upon for violence towards another person...even if someone else instigated it with words...taking it into the physical realm is still something everyone is responsible for.

Yup. Though I'm not sure where his concentration level would have been at in the face of that.

That's what I saw too...It looked a little bit precise and I assume he knows how to throw a punch - that said, looking at it, it was quick but in my view it was actually quite restrained and no subsequent attacks were thrown in...it was done while under attack, so the fact that he showed the restraint he did was probably pretty lucky for her.
Like, the guy didn't exactly knock her out. I mean, the ground did, but he didn't.

Damn straight. No right at all - and while evidently drunk and sloppy, she was throwing with her all there, putting her body and shoulders right into it...if properly connected those punches would have hurt and likely caused a fair bit of damage to anyone.

Same here. I don't even like the idea of hitting a guy...stupidly...even if someone has wronged me, the idea of actually hurting someone and potentially causing something like this, or even more minor injuries, somehow I'd still feel bad about it. With a woman? Even moreso.

Though yes...things have gone on too far with this kind of shit, people just feeling entitled to attack others like this.

Yes for the first point, *kinda* for the second. I mean look, it did damage largely on account of she fell onto concrete. Such things are probably hard to think too much into the future with when you're dodging this chick swinging at you full force. The punch itself...I think was just more quick and proficient than anything...from the look of it, the guy knew how to throw a punch, which means he *could have* outright decked her.
I dunno.
Yeah the result certainly wasn't good though.
I just think that in a physical confrontation it might be difficult to think and calculate such things.

I mean, unless it was physical abuse...I think it would be interesting to know...but I don't think anything less could have really warranted it.

Yes.

So my thoughts.
She's not going to be hitting anyone else any time soon if she has any sense of self preservation at all.
That's the thing with "society" isn't it, though?
We have built up systems to lessen pain, lessen "danger" and we have moral obligations and expectations that have been aligned based on politeness, chivalry and the like.
The earliest lessons of humankind would have been taught out of pain, necessity, and evasion of danger...because the danger was more evident.
All of this is gone.
You don't have anything challenge you, and you feel invincible evidently.
You're not even meant to give a kid an open handed smack any more...tell me you haven't seen some horrors of kids under the age of 10 since this has become a thing.

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not saying "women should be hit to teach them this lesson", wow. I'm saying that the unrealistic expectation that you can carry on like this and be protected by some antiquated notion of moral black and white "never hit women", is something that should be curbed.
A lot of these teachings were given to BOYS when I was at school, never the girls.
It's like saying here, here's a force field.

Should be along the lines of
"If you attack someone, you also put yourself at risk of this physical conflict"
For everyone. Equally. Best to avoid it.

Something I learned in security training was the concept of "force continuum", and I think this should be applied in any physical situation.
Basically, if you're are under attack - You can get physical but only to the point that is reasonable and necessary to stop the attack.
If they step it up or continue - then you do too.
Now of course, in a fight there's not a lot of time to think and process...but it's always easy enough to know if/when you're going overboard or unto stupid territory.
I don't think the guy in this video had much a chance to think about it.
Though - in his defense, it did stop the attack, and he didn't continue once it was evident she was no longer a threat.

All in all?
Fuck attacking people - but if you're going to? Know that shit isn't always going to go your way, and in my mind if you've "started it", you give away any rights whatsoever to complain about the results of someone defending themselves against your attack.
Male or female.
Well said Cheebs. I agree
Old 03-06-2019, 03:19 AM
Immortal horror fan

Stupid people involved in a stupid situation. You see it on the Internet a lot with cell phone videos. These always seem to happen at a bar or some kind of drunken party with most likely loose "women."

I love that term "never hit a woman." Well guess what, a real woman wouldn't be involved in these situations. I've said it before that hookers and the like need bodyguards for a reason because they aren't the best people. Same situation basically.

And this is coming from someone who has basically been assaulted, harassed, and whatever else by girls. But I let it go because I'm fairly decent and got away from those people.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:40 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
Well said Cheebs. I agree
Me as well...I very much remember as a Boy "NEVER hit a Girl", but feel there is a point where You should be allowed to defend yourself and although that was a heavy duty punch, think he was just trying to stop her actions and didn't gauge his strength.

Sure alchohol was involved in this and shame for both it got this far.

How is she doing at this point?
Old 03-08-2019, 04:53 AM
Evil Dead

women think they can do what they want and get away with it because they are women. I've been punched in the head by a woman for no reason. I would gladly watch footage of her being punched.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:18 AM
Immortal horror fan

Supposedly the real story of Amber Heard is coming out and she attacked Johnny Depp. She's beautiful but I always had a feeling that she was fake. And most people jumped to the Johnny is a bad guy from that leaked angry video. They looked past the part where Amber was the one secretly recording and attempting to hide it from him and acting with the soft voice like she is so innocent.