Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-11-2019, 07:42 PM
That fucking Guy...

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

I liked this one a lot. Strange art style, but worked for me...
The overall story was quite simplistic, but yes, played out a lot like a long issue of a comic book.
Being set in the film version of the "Ultimate" universe, you get to see some slightly different iterations of the villains which was interesting.
Good balance of action, dark moments, and humour.

Loved the "main" Peter Parker used in this one too...close to being Raimis version, and while it was kind of tragic to see what had become of him...it was good to see him back in action and move towards his happy ending.

Miles Morales as the "new" Spider-Man was well done, and played right with good measures of naivete and inexperience, but also great heart.

The actions scenes were well done, even if in that last scene with realities colliding a lot of the time I didn't know what the hell I was looking at.
The stakes are big, and it was really cool just to see these various other-reality characters I've followed both on screen, and interacting with each other.

Overall, this actually ranks as one of the top Spider-Man films for me. I'd give it 8/10 - Definitely worth a watch, and I'm glad I did.

As a comic fan, I'd very much like if they did a darker follow up to handle the "Morlun and co" storyline...
Old 04-12-2019, 12:27 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Probably trying to be a cross of National Lampoons Vacation and Overboard, right?
Could be...could be

THE GREEN MILE (1999). Solid adaptation of Stephen King's book with, for my money, perfect casting for the roles-could almost see their faces while reading the book. with Doug Hutchins loathsome as Percy and Sam Rockwell not far behind. Very good in every way, only real beef is Paul saying things that Brutal said in the book. Also, kudos to the late Michael Clarke Duncan, so touching as John Coffey. ****1/2
Old 04-13-2019, 04:29 AM
This is a test

DIGGING UP THE MARROW 2014

A horror film director is contacted by a man claiming he has discovered real monsters. The director and his camera man try to document the man's story.

I found this to be horribly over-acted and that took away from a pretty cool idea.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:34 AM
This is a test

ALIEN: ZONE OF SILENCE 2017

A woman follows the trail of her brother and his best friend after they disappear in the desert. Quite boring with really no payout in the end.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:52 AM
病気の

The Destroyer, 2018. 7,5/10

Director: Karyn Kusama

Thumb resize.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:40 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
DIGGING UP THE MARROW 2014

A horror film director is contacted by a man claiming he has discovered real monsters. The director and his camera man try to document the man's story.

I found this to be horribly over-acted and that took away from a pretty cool idea.
I liked that movie, especially the ending. I also think the director acted quite well, but then again, I’m not american.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:24 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
The Destroyer, 2018. 7,5/10

Director: Karyn Kusama

Thumb resize.
That movie did nothing for me. Can’t even remember what it was about. Only recall Kidman looked like a drug addict.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:57 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
The astronomer in the observatory eating pizza, on the computer is Dr Marcus Wolf, played by Charles Martin Smith, who's been a ton of stuff. You might remember him as the main buddy in big glasses in American Graffiti. And the bass player Ray Bob in The Buddy Holly Story starring Gary Busey.
I recognised him from an episode of the X-Files: F. Emasculata.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:37 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I liked that movie, especially the ending. I also think the director acted quite well, but then again, I’m not american.
I'm Canadian. As i said, it was a pretty cool idea. The retired detective was over the top curmudgeonly and the director was too "nudge nudge wink wink" when the detective said something off the wall. The marrow concept put me to mind of "Nightbreed".
Old 04-14-2019, 12:30 PM
Evil Dead

The Killing of a Sacred Deer 9/10

I truly loved this movie. It got inside my head and I caught onto things the middle half of the movie. Might need to watch it again so I can watch it a second time to see if there's anything I missed. Martian was truly creepy and he certainly knew how to get inside people's heads.

Tags
movie