Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Old 07-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Undead

Location: On the mean streets in the darkside of the wrong part of town.
Talking Violent Messiah's Game To Watch For: Bullet Witch

Well, not quite sure if this actually counts as a horror genre game, bur it has a witch in it, so we'll let it slide.

The name of the game is Gun Witch, and to be honest I have no idea what the story is about. All I know is there is a woman running around a monster infested city in a slinky dress and she can cast spells...And she's kicking demon ass with this HUGE ass gun! I mean, its almost as big as her!

Anyway, here is a link to a bunch of pics and videos of the game, including trailers and actual gameplay. In fact, one of the videos is about 6 minutes long of nothing but gameplay. Check out the part where she's in the city fighting that gigantic boss, the one nearly as big as the buildings around her!

http://www.xboxyde.com/game_944_en.html

Currently, its planned as Japan only, but the development company is shopping for a publisher for here in the states and the UK, so maybe it will wind up like Phantom Dust for the Xbox. Here's hoping because this game looks pretty cool. I mean, women, violence, magic and big ass guns...What's not to love? :D

Rule 1: You don't have to be the fastest person when running from zombies, just faster then someone else.

Rule 2:
If possible, keep a fat person with you at all times. Zombies prefer more meat.

Rule 3: Everyone else is expendable...unless they're the ones carrying the supplies.

Rule 4:
When in doubt, shoot everyone. Chances are they were bound to be infected, anyway.

Last edited by Violent Messiah; 07-10-2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:35 PM
whatever gets you through

oh great - its basically haunted packing heat - - - run. . . .run for your lives
Old 07-11-2006, 01:52 PM
That fucking Guy...

I had a look at the screenshots...
So tell me, do you get to fight any enemies in this game that DON'T look like mutated nutsacks?
I mean sure, that's scary, but in entirely the wrong kinda way.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Banned

Holy shit....they do look like mutated nutsacks.

I'm holding out hope for John Woo's "Stranglehold".

Old 07-11-2006, 02:28 PM
That fucking Guy...

Hell yeah...I've been waiting for a game to live up to Max Payne ever since...looks like this could just about do the job.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Undead

Location: On the mean streets in the darkside of the wrong part of town.
Gun Witch is still early in development, so I hold out hope it improves a lot...That and the other game I'm searching for more info on, Vampire Rain.

And Stranglehold does look pretty cool, I've been watching that as well. I just hope it does John Woo action filled directing and Chow Yun Fat's gun play justice, and not wind up sucking like Jet Li's Rise To Honor.

Hey cheeb...You looking forward to Marvel Ultimate Alliance? So far they've got some crazy yet cool choices for characters, like Blade, Doctor Strange, Elektra and Ghost Rider. :D

Rule 1: You don't have to be the fastest person when running from zombies, just faster then someone else.

Rule 2:
If possible, keep a fat person with you at all times. Zombies prefer more meat.

Rule 3: Everyone else is expendable...unless they're the ones carrying the supplies.

Rule 4:
When in doubt, shoot everyone. Chances are they were bound to be infected, anyway.