Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Evil Dead

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

Okay, sorry for this, but I've just watched the first half of this film and before I continue I wanted to break and make sure I have things clear. I have seen up to the part in which ...

SPOILER ///
The kidnapped girl drowns in the river, and the father is being questioned about his net-worth.
/// SPOILER

I am confused about some things. Mainly, the character set-up. Sorry for my cluelessness. It's late.

SPOILER ///
Ryu is the deaf / dumb one.
His girlfriend has the shorter hair, and was following the girl's father through the subway - and came up with the plan.

His sister was the one playing with the little girl, and the one who commited suicide.

Ryu was laid off of work. He spent the money he raised for his sisters transplant to buy a kidney for her. He traded his Kidney along with the money for a B-type.

He now needs the same amount of money to pay for the actual operation.
/// SPOILER

I believe I have the last part wrong. Can someone explain that?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Evil Dead

Re: Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

Quote:
Originally posted by joshaube
I believe I have the last part wrong. Can someone explain that?
DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE MOVIE!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Ryu got laid off and received a worker's stipend (or something like that). He had already been to the doctor and found he couldn't donate his kidney because he had a different blood type (B).

Remember the public restroom scene with the guys sticking up flyers? Well, they are black-market organ dealers, so Ryu goes to them. The dealer (the woman) tells him he has to pay the amount he got paid when laid off and give them one of his kidneys. She tells him that when they get a kidney for his sister, they will contact him. However, when he comes to they've taken his kidney, his clothes, and all their stuff. It was a con.

He then gets called to the doctor's office because a legal kidney has been found for his sister's transplant. The doctor is really surprised that he has found one so quickly. All Ryu needs is the amount of money he gave the black market organ dealers, but now he doesn't have it. Thus the reason for the kidnapping plot.

Hope this helps.:D
Old 06-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Evil Dead

Ah! Everything makes sense now, thanks a lot. :) I thought...

When the doctor said they found a kidney for his sister, the black market people had been the ones who donated it.