Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Hellraiser

No I wasn't talking about Marebito, the Reincarnation one (Rinne) I gave you a link to, that's another new one from him.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to XtRaVa Send a message via MSN to XtRaVa
Yeah the original is called Kairo...I'm watching it now as it happens.

I could never watch a re-make before seeing the original first. In my opinion the re-makes arent so good, although The Ring wasnt bad, but The Ring 2 was awful.

The Grudge wasnt so great, but the trailer for The Grudge 2 looks okay.

1,2 Michael's coming for you...3,4 Better lock your door...5,6 Grab a crucifix...7,8 Better stay up late...9,10 Never sleep again.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:18 AM
Evil Dead

Kairo I thought was very good. Havn't seen Pulse yet though as its not out in UK and doesnt look like it will ever come out in the cinema over here.

1,2 Michael's coming for you...3,4 Better lock your door...5,6 Grab a crucifix...7,8 Better stay up late...9,10 Never sleep again.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:49 AM
hybrid

I've saw Pulse(us) last friday, and I was very disapointed:mad: It didn't even scare me at all. Maybe its because I've seen the japanese version before. Like any other english version of japannese horror films. SUCK!!

Last edited by hybrid; 08-18-2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Smack My Titties

I think the Japanese original is exceedingly disappointing, and it's time to start playing down the brilliance of 'J-Horror' (which noob coined that phrase?) as I think it has already played all its cards.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by PR3SSUR3
I think the Japanese original is exceedingly disappointing, and it's time to start playing down the brilliance of 'J-Horror' (which noob coined that phrase?) as I think it has already played all its cards.
If you dont like it, dont watch it :)

No "noob" coined the phrase. Everything in japan is like that, J-Pop, J-Rock, for their football league its J-League. It's just whats done.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Smack My Titties

The post asks about the original Pulse, and is not exclusive to positive feedback.

I would suggest you refrain from trying to trivialise views that do not suit your own in threads.

:)

Mainstream horror appears to be turning away from the psychological focuses of the Asian invasion back to exploitation and gore.

Recent films like Saw, Haute Tension and Hostel are a welcome change, though like the exhaustion of 'J-Horror' themes will come and go like trends in any other film genre.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:29 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by PR3SSUR3
The post asks about the original Pulse, and is not exclusive to positive feedback.

I would suggest you refrain from trying to trivialise views that do not suit your own in threads.

:)

Mainstream horror appears to be turning away from the psychological focuses of the Asian invasion back to exploitation and gore.

Recent films like Saw, Haute Tension and Hostel are a welcome change, though like the exhaustion of 'J-Horror' themes will come and go like trends in any other film genre.
I didnt say anything about you bashing Pulse, I hate american remakes so why would I? My quote, is you specifically bashing J-Horror, and I was saying if you dont like it dont watch it.

Saw is a welcome change? Yes its a good movie, but I hope you realise that Audition featured feet being cut off before it? Also, Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance (not J, but still Tartan Asia Extreme stuff) featured achilles tendons being cut (although thats been in a few movies), just like in Hostel. To me, thats not really a change, it just happens to be stupid americans getting killed instead of asian people.

Last edited by XtRaVa; 08-22-2006 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Smack My Titties

Quote:
I didnt say anything about you bashing Pulse, I hate american remakes so why would I? My quote, is you specifically bashing J-Horror, and I was saying if you dont like it dont watch it.

Saw is a welcome change? Yes its a good movie, but I hope you realise that Audition featured feet being cut off before it? Also, Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance (not J, but still Tartan Asia Extreme stuff) featured achilles tendons being cut (although thats been in a few movies), just like in Hostel. To me, thats not really a change, it just happens to be stupid americans getting killed instead of asian people.
This is a film discussion forum, and your blunt instructions to stop watching a genre I find that is losing its shine are redundant. Instead, perhaps you could offer something to the contrary if you disagree.

I don't think drawing comparisons between violent scenes is detrimental to either Saw or Hostel - the apparent change in question is from mainstream psychological/spiritual horror to sadistic gore, cruelty and torture.

And are you saying Americans are more stupid than Asians?

:eek:
Old 08-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Evil Dead

Americans killed in horror movies are always extremely stupid, tripping over twigs etc...that's all I meant.

However, China has some ridiculously intelligent people, and its a huge country.