Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 11-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Evil Dead

Just finished the Saga of Swamp Thing by Alan Moore book 1 which was pretty awesome!
Old 11-17-2014, 03:00 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Moores work on Swamp thing is just amazing and is the origin of my fave comic character ,John Constantine.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:46 AM
Little Boo

Call of Cthulhu graphics.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Scares Little Kids

Batman Incorporated.Cool Comic.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:56 AM
Relentless thrill seeker

Re-reading Preacher, and am just as thrilled by the awesomely perverse and freaky contents this second time around.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:06 PM
Banned

Good, but could use a few more horror elements.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:20 PM
Evil Dead

Just finished binge reading Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips' Fatale and really enjoy it. It starts out like a crime noir but has elements of horror including a vibe that's very Lovecraftian. There's a really intriguing femme fatale, an ominous cult, a good bit a disturbing gore and the ending was pretty satisfying.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:59 AM
Evil Dead

Anyone else checked out Squarriors by Ashley Witter and Ash Maczko? It has a similar vibe to Redwall and Watership Down. The artwork is gorgeous although it gets a bit gory at times. The battle scenes in issue #2 were pretty epic.

Thumb resize.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:07 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
Anyone else checked out Squarriors by Ashley Witter and Ash Maczko? It has a similar vibe to Redwall and Watership Down. The artwork is gorgeous although it gets a bit gory at times. The battle scenes in issue #2 were pretty epic.

Thumb resize.
Is it gray vs red squirrels? If so that's so boss cause red squirrels are assholes.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 07-13-2015, 07:08 AM
Evil Dead

Read the first three issues of Space Riders by Alexis Ziritt and Fabian Rangel from Black Mask Studios and really enjoyed it. The art has this really cool psychedelic quality especially the coloring just insanely cool. From what I've read about it online it's only a four issue miniseries.

The premise is basically a disgraced space captain gets a second chance to redeem himself. He flies around in his space ship shaped like a skull and is joined by his first mate who is an anthropomorphic baboon and a female robot.

Thumb resize.

Last edited by Monkey Astronaut; 07-13-2015 at 07:10 AM.