Old 12-11-2010, 01:18 PM
GORE~geous

I Saw The Devil 2010

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588170/

Let’s start by saying I saw the devil was banned from public theaters in Korea. According to the Korea Media Rating Board, the movie has scenes that “severely damaged the dignity of human values” so they gave I saw the devil a “restricted rating” which means the film is only eligible for limited screenings in special theaters which exclusively program adult films. As no such theaters exist in Korea, the film is effectively banned. The producers made some changes and after twice being refused a releasable rating, I saw the devil has finally been cleared for release with a ‘teen restricted’ rating, the highest allowed in Korea’s cinema chains.

Kim Ji-woon takes the tried and true serial killer formula but not before flipping it on its disturbed head… Here’s the official synopsis:
Kyung-chul (Choi Min-sik) is a maniacal serial killer who drives a yellow school bus and preys on young women. He captures and kills his victims, but their deaths are not the end of his madness. While the police have been aware of his actions for some time, they have never been able to put a name or face to his crimes.
When the corpse of a retired police chief’s pregnant daughter surfaces, things change gears and the hunter quickly becomes the hunted. Yet it is not the girl’s father who swears vengeance, but rather her secret agent fiancé, Joo-yeon (Lee Byung-Hyun), who decides to track down the perpetrator himself. Anyone with even the remotest information on the killer’s whereabouts is in for a bloody beating. But when his mission starts to come together, Joo-yeon morphs into quite a disturbing monster himself.

I have this film..I'm so excited. Friends of mine have seen it and said its a revenge film so brutally awesome its gonna blow you away!! Hell Yeah!
Anyone else interested in it or has seen it already? My subs are perfect!! Fuck!!!!!

TwitchFilm's comment:

Quote:
Revenge is a dish best served cold, someone once said. In Kim Ji-woon’s I saw the devil, revenged is served so fucking cold it’s like a block of ice smashed across your face.
Trailer:

Last edited by Monet's Muse; 12-11-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:17 PM
HDC Idol

NOTE: Can someone please move this to the Asian horror section, please? Was actually about to start a thread about it in there, but found this thread instead.

I'm pretty psyched about this film - Rue Morgue just gave it a spread in this month's issue. Plus, it's directed by Ji-woon Kim, who did Tale of Two Sisters and The Good, The Bad, and the Weird. You don't see many Asian serial killer films and this sounds utterly fantastic. Plus, you have a star-studded cast...

Has anyone seen this yet? V? Roshiq? Psycho D? It's not available on Netflix yet and I don't know when it will be.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:31 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
NOTE: Can someone please move this to the Asian horror section, please? Was actually about to start a thread about it in there, but found this thread instead.
The deed is done.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:23 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

Seems like a pretty good movie. Anyone know when or if itll be available in the states....
Old 01-31-2011, 08:25 AM
Pirate of Bengal

I can't explain anyone how much I'm excited to see this film...specially after recently watching The Chaser.

Hoping to see it within a week.;)
Old 01-31-2011, 09:33 AM
I have arms and legs.

Well it looks good, I'll whatch it when I get the movie..
If this download only want to finnish.. :D
Old 01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Misanthrope

I've been looking for the uncut version of this with decent subs will have another hunt & give it a d/l tonight because it looks great. Had a copy of The Chaser sitting here for ages I should really get round to it.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Had a copy of The Chaser sitting here for ages I should really get round to it.
Definitely you should. It's awesome.:)
Old 02-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I have arms and legs.

Alright, seen it now. It was actully pretty good! So I got a good time yesterday with coke and gingerbread haha :p
Old 02-02-2011, 08:08 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flayed One View Post
The deed is done.
Thank you, Sir.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!