Old 03-23-2018, 01:49 PM
Banned

Game Of Thrones

I saw a thread for season six but not a thread dedicated to the series so...

Does anyone else love this show? I find it to be the best show I have seen in years, if not ever. I just bought season 7 on DVD a week ago and killed it in less than a day. I am so anxious and dreading season 8 since it is the final season.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:01 PM
Talkin' horror. #JOIN

Favorite show that's on-going right now. Also worried for when it ends, but don't think anything will make me too mad. I don't care who dies or who lives in the end, at this point I just want to see what the end actually IS haha

They had some hang ups in Season 7 honestly, but they made it through more-or-less unscathed and I'm still hyped for the final season. My main issue was with the real shoddy pacing of the season, specifically because of the episode Eastwatch - which covered 3 episodes worth of material in one, and would have been executed much better with the normal 10-episode structure. Oh well, I think the "worst" is over as far as poor storytelling. Now they'll just get right into the endgame... and it'll be glorious.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:47 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but honestly I didn't like this show. It's like with American Horror Story I just don't like all the rape and incest and cannibalism and killing of young children. I mean what exactly is the point? Are they just trying to be as shocking as possible?
Old 07-18-2018, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I know a lot of people will disagree with me but honestly I didn't like this show. It's like with American Horror Story I just don't like all the rape and incest and cannibalism and killing of young children. I mean what exactly is the point? Are they just trying to be as shocking as possible?
This world is baed in our dark ages. In those days there was hardly any kind of law and order and sadly, shit like that was the norm.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:36 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
This world is baed in our dark ages. In those days there was hardly any kind of law and order and sadly, shit like that was the norm.
Yeah I too realized while watching it how it reflects on the kind of things that really went on in the dark ages like incest and murder. It definitely wasn't your Lord of the Rings type of fantasy setting.

But I just don't like TV shows that are as grim and cynical as Game of Thrones or American Horror Story. I mean I feel bad enough about the world around me and I like watching TV to escape from reality. I don't need a TV show to remind me of just how disgusting and cruel humans can be.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I too realized while watching it how it reflects on the kind of things that really went on in the dark ages like incest and murder. It definitely wasn't your Lord of the Rings type of fantasy setting.

But I just don't like TV shows that are as grim and cynical as Game of Thrones or American Horror Story. I mean I feel bad enough about the world around me and I like watching TV to escape from reality. I don't need a TV show to remind me of just how disgusting and cruel humans can be.
AHS does it for shock value though while GOT uses it as the unfortunate backdrop for the times. For example they go into great detail about how outside the castle walls of King's Landing is so over saturated with filth you can literally only smell shit and cum. It isn't meant to be pleasant, it's a terrifying world to live in and these are just examples of why it is so terrifying.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:20 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
AHS does it for shock value though while GOT uses it as the unfortunate backdrop for the times. For example they go into great detail about how outside the castle walls of King's Landing is so over saturated with filth you can literally only smell shit and cum. It isn't meant to be pleasant, it's a terrifying world to live in and these are just examples of why it is so terrifying.
I kind of think GOT does it for shock value too.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:03 PM
Scholar

Game of Thrones is one of my favorite shows.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
I kind of think GOT does it for shock value too.
Some things perhaps, but sadly it was really that rapey back then.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:25 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Some things perhaps, but sadly it was really that rapey back then.
Yeah well it's still that bad even today depending on what part of the world you live in or what type of people you are talking about. We still live in a world where people with money and power can do whatever they want and get away with it.