Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Old 05-18-2018, 07:04 AM
Undead

Top 20 Portrayals of Hell in Video Games

Simulation, Fighting, RPG, Platform, Adventure, FPS... Hell fits in all games genres and all games genres fit in Hell, from classic franchises such as Doom, Diablo or Mortal Kombat to shocking indie games such as Slain, Cuphead or Agony.
Here are the 20 best depictions of Hell in video games. What's your favorite?

Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe for more videos!
Old 05-18-2018, 08:25 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I think my favorite was in the Silent Hill games. Hell wasn't portrayed as the cliche fire and brimstone but rather as the personal suffering and torment of every individual character. And the best part about it was that it wasn't just "evil sinners" who saw hell in the town, some were people who didn't actually do anything wrong but were suffering from trauma and abuse and even guilt over things that weren't their fault. So basically a person who felt no guilt regardless if they were good or bad wouldn't see any of the monsters in the town.

I also liked the way hell was portrayed in the Siren games. An abandoned village full of undead villagers living their existence as though they were still alive and killing anybody who was still living.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 05-18-2018 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-26-2021, 10:08 AM
Little Boo

Mine is the Layers of Fear. Maybe if hell existed, it would definitely be something inside my mind. Various scorched places remind me more of low-end locations from old-schools games than hell. Games like Layers of Fear can be compared to the Shutter Island movie, one of my favorites. This is where you really feel helplessness, and at the same time - you are the only one who can change the situation. I feel the same when playing moba games, like LoL. I even had to buy an account on https://www.lolfinity.com/buy-lol-account/ to match with skilled guys and stop raging every time. It was my personal hell.

Last edited by Benjee; 05-29-2021 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:05 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

the game agony pretty much feels like hell to play...ugh...i cant believe i got through that game...haha
Old 06-05-2021, 12:20 AM
Immortal horror fan

I think Hell was in an old PlayStation game called Fear Effect. I need to replay that and the sequel. I remember the last levels were kind of difficult and a bit annoying.
Old 06-30-2021, 12:09 PM
Little Boo

I'll have to agree with Silent Hill 2. I think nothing quite captures the feeling of hell like the grotesque space that James finds himself in.
I also love doom or The Evil Within 2's versions of hell.
If you're interested in demon-slaying games, I recently wrote some articles about the best demon-slaying, best Horror fps, and best AAA horror games for a site called gamersdecide.
I think they provide plenty of hell-in-games to get a complete picture of the things gaming has to offer
Old 10-05-2021, 12:10 PM
Little Boo

Video game levels that take place within Hell or a realm similar to Hell

Tags
agony, hell, inferno, video games