Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Quote:
Originally posted by VampiricClown
haha. And what do you listen to? Zomb's list? Or would you rather see my Death Metal list? Industrial?
Thrice, Coheed and Cambria... bands that try something new.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:03 AM
Misanthrope

Jesus..... I've never seen so many horrible bands in one thread. You guys must need to clean shit outta your ears a lot :p

I stopped listening to shit like that once Soundgarden cut off their hair, started dressing tidy and putting out terrible albums like Superunknown...... that and all the Eddie Vedder worship that asshole should've been the one with the shotgun in his fuckin' mouth.

ohhhhh the memories :) fun time to grow up in.

Love,
Johnny Grunge.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:46 AM
Banned

to me .. this is the progression...

Pearl Jam wanted to be Nirvana
Creed wanted to be Pearl JAm
all those other bands want to be Creed.

and i dont even like Nirvana that much.

i liked the initial flare up of grunge .. i liked the energy ,,,

but even bands like Soundgarden and Alice in Chains and Screaming Trees and most of the Seattle bands became unlistenable to me.

every goddamn song was ... quiet start, hard chorus, then quiet, then hard, then quiet, then hard, then quiet ,, song over.

i just found it to be boring and contrived.

I guess I'm far more a minneapolos guy (Replacements, drivin and cryin, soul asylum)

my wife is more into the Georgia thing (rem, etc) but i never got into that either.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:07 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i liked the initial flare up of grunge .. i liked the energy
Changed my life dude gave me a whole new perspective on music: playing and industry wise and I formed ideals that will stick with me forever.

I'm a Melvins (who would kick my ass for calling them grunge :) ) Dead Moon (if you could call 'em grunge - best band on the Hype movie anyways) and Mudhoney kinda guy. Fuckin' loved Nirvana too.

I got a lot more into the whole weirdo indie rock scene at the time with stuff like Pavement, Sebadoh and was a big fan of the mighty Sonic Youth and Fugazi.

Pearl Jam try to be Dead Moon a lot of the time (my ears are still recovering from their horrible cover of It's OK).

As much as I despise Courtney Love she hit it right on the button when she said "If Eddie Vedder's the spokesman for my generation..... I quit".

Last edited by Elvis_Christ; 01-30-2006 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:24 AM
Banned

try as i did I couldnt get into mudhoney ... found them too jarring (a quality that most guys who can actually play instruments love :)

i had an early fugazi album i hated too (in on the thrill taker)
but since then I found another one i rather like.

Elvis ... i found about 8 Dead Moon albums (including EPs and live albums) on an mp3 newsgroup and downloaded everything.

in anticipation of your next question : i havent heard them yet .. i think i just sampled one song and liked it ...
I havent burned them to CD yet - when i do i'll bring them to work and give them a good listening to.

i'll list the titles when i bring them in ..
Old 01-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Evil Dead

Last edited by VampiricClown; 07-23-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
try as i did I couldnt get into mudhoney ... found them too jarring (a quality that most guys who can actually play instruments love :)

i had an early fugazi album i hated too (in on the thrill taker)
but since then I found another one i rather like.

Elvis ... i found about 8 Dead Moon albums (including EPs and live albums) on an mp3 newsgroup and downloaded everything.
Good shit dude I meant to send you some but I lost your email awhile back but looks like you've sorted some out so thats cool.
But yeh flick me it again and I'll get some of that old school Flying Nun stuff to you (eventually haha I've got a cd for Marroe thats been sitting here for ages!).
Mudhoney are a weird one they've got some brilliant albums and some really average ones. The Superfuzz Bigmuff + Early Singles and Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge are two of the better ones. Their major label stuff just didn't quite hit the mark for me but there back on Sub Pop now and their last album had some really interesting shit on it (Blue Cheer meets Flipper kinda thing). Mark Arm fronted the reformed MC5 (DKT) http://www.dkt-mc5.com/

Yeh Fugazi's In On The Killtaker is one of the harder ones of theirs to get into abbrasive as hell. I love it tho being a headbanger kid. 13 Songs is a bit more easy going and most people I play their last one (The Argument) seem to fuckin' love it.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:12 AM
Misanthrope

post grunge still sucks and I still haven't sent Marroe her CD.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Evil Dead

Last edited by VampiricClown; 07-23-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:06 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by VampiricClown
Why'd you bump this?

And what bands that you are considering post-grunge that you've listened to?
Because I was drunk and doing a search for Dead Moon.