Old 11-15-2015, 03:44 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
Maybe you've already mentioned it somewhere but humour an old lady..what was your first werewolf film?
Oh wow... I'm not entirely sure... I've been into them for so long. I remember the first one I bought myself was Cursed, pre-owned for $3 (I've since added over 30 titles to my collection). I was probably 11 or 12 at the time when I started really getting into lycanthropes. I had gotten into Harry Potter as most of my generation had, and I read Prisoner of Azkaban with its werewolf character. It's been a bit of a sickness ever since. I remember around that time being obsessed with Underworld and Van Helsing before having binged the classics online. I don't recall which I saw first though I'm afraid. My dad was a monster movie nut when he was young, and although he isn't into them near as much anymore, he still collects an occasional classic, so I remember watching a few with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
I'd love to see the smile on Roi's face when she reads this question.
I imagine it wasn't that different from the one I wore the day we met.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 11-15-2015, 04:12 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Oh wow... I'm not entirely sure... I've been into them for so long.
was it this?

Old 11-15-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
was it this?

[/YOUTUBE]
WHY IS THIS STILL NOT A THING.

now i hold resentment towards booberry...

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Oh wow... I'm not entirely sure... I've been into them for so long. I remember the first one I bought myself was Cursed, pre-owned for $3 (I've since added over 30 titles to my collection). I was probably 11 or 12 at the time when I started really getting into lycanthropes. I had gotten into Harry Potter as most of my generation had, and I read Prisoner of Azkaban with its werewolf character. It's been a bit of a sickness ever since. I remember around that time being obsessed with Underworld and Van Helsing before having binged the classics online. I don't recall which I saw first though I'm afraid. My dad was a monster movie nut when he was young, and although he isn't into them near as much anymore, he still collects an occasional classic, so I remember watching a few with him.

I imagine it wasn't that different from the one I wore the day we met.

In other words, dazzling!
Old 11-15-2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
In other words, dazzling!
oh repo stahp that's a lie

Old 11-16-2015, 02:49 AM
Horror > Everything

Nah, you're a total charmer. It's not everyday I meet a kid ( no offense meant ) I want to adopt! LOL!

House of Whipcord. What a wild little ride. Sheila Keith is always insanely watchable in her roles, and this part is no exception. Damn, she can menace!

Last edited by Repo'd; 11-16-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:53 AM
Satan's Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Ive never seen it. What didnt ya like about it?
I feel a more appropriate question in this case would be "what did I like about it?" Not because I have an issue with you asking, just because there are so many things about the movie that I disliked, I feel I could give a much more brief answer saying what I did like. So I will answer that...I liked what acting there was. I felt that given the situations these people were supposed to be performing in and the actions they were meant to be portraying, they did a great job. I kept thinking the whole time through the movie, "I hope these people got paid enough for this."

As for if you haven't seen it and would like to, www.shudder.com is a great place. I believe they still offer a two week trial. :o
Old 11-17-2015, 06:38 PM

The Legend of Hell House

Absolutely love the atmosphere. The ambient sounds and music sound much like some of my favorite Halloween sound tracks. The blood wasn't very good but the other effects used for scares were enjoyable and had me wondering if the place was really haunted at times.

And Roddy McDowell was enjoyable as ever. I think this was one of my favorite of his characters.

Quote:
Nah, you're a total charmer. It's not everyday I meet a kid ( no offense meant ) I want to adopt! LOL!
You mean... And get horror for breakfast? Go to monster cons? Watch slasher marathons morning day and night? By all means adopt me!

Old 11-17-2015, 08:12 PM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
The Legend of Hell House

Absolutely love the atmosphere. The ambient sounds and music sound much like some of my favorite Halloween sound tracks. The blood wasn't very good but the other effects used for scares were enjoyable and had me wondering if the place was really haunted at times.

And Roddy McDowell was enjoyable as ever. I think this was one of my favorite of his characters.

You mean... And get horror for breakfast? Go to monster cons? Watch slasher marathons morning day and night? By all means adopt me!

You've pretty much nailed the entire itinerary there.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
The Legend of Hell House

Great atmosphere in this one. The book is a tad better