Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Your funeral... my trial

Face. Pretty decent Korean ghost/serial killer flick. Not really that scary, the ghost imagery is just more of what we've already seen in Ringu and Ju-On, but I think it's really more of a detective story than a horror film. The bittersweet ending is perfectly fitting. I'd recommend this for fans of Korean drama. Overall: 7/10
Old 11-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

born to defend
Old 11-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Evil Puppy

Izo. What an interesting movie. Izo tries so hard to be thought provoking and I think it falls just short of that goal. Lots of gore, fights, and some nice shots make up for it's shortcomings though. Could have done without many of the scenes but I think overall I'd give it a 3.5/5. Wonder what Miike will do with Halloween...
Old 11-23-2005, 03:34 AM
Evil Dead

Onibaba 4/5

This is truly an impressive Japanese film from 1964 that weaves a tale of supernatural horror around a meddlesome mother-in-law trying to keep her slain son's wife by her side, to survive in a harsh land torn apart by feuding emperors. The single location for the story is a sea of grass, continuously swept with furious winds. The stark black and white lends a heavy atmosphere throughout. And yet it is poetic and beautiful.

There is a companion to this film, which I have yet to see: Yabu No Naka No Kuroneko (Black Cat from the Grove)
Old 11-24-2005, 06:07 AM
Your funeral... my trial

^Been meaning to see that one for some time.

A Tale of Two Sisters. Depressing quasi-ghost story, with a surprising twist near the end. Beautiful photography with minimal (and effective) "ghost" effects. Im Su-jeong gives a very strong performance in the lead role. I'll definitely be looking out for other films by director Kim Ji-woon. Overall: 8/10.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Evil Puppy

Tale of Two Sisters was amazingly well done, really had me thinking. I went in with lower expectations for the move and really came away impressed.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

score
Old 11-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Undead

Send a message via ICQ to wvhorrorfan Send a message via AIM to wvhorrorfan Send a message via Yahoo to wvhorrorfan
i have juon

and if you are wondering, its the one with the kid on the cover, and with japanese symbols onit.

Its the first juon that they had out.

also got juon 2.

both japanese films.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Angra
Yup! I thought so. You´ve watched "Ju-on: the grudge".

"Ju-on" is the first, my favorite and the most scary of the four, and funny enough also the most low-budget.
Where Can I get the others? I have the american version and "Ju-On: The Grudge". I actually enjoyed both despite what people say about the american release. I'd like to see the others.

Oh-yeah, the last Asian movie I watched was Rasen still. I'm Gonna watch "One Missed Call" tonight though.

-Razeth
Old 11-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

tetsuo 2