Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-14-2006, 12:06 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Talking Futurama!!

I just did a search, and realised that this incredible TV show didnt have it's own thread!

So, what does everyone think of it? It's easily one of my favourite shows, and it's a shame that Fox brought back the infinatly inferior Familly Guy instead of this! I'll agree that neither show deserved to be cancelled....but this was so much better! Sure, Familly Guy is funny, Ill admit that. But does it have the originality of Futurama? The amazingly cool characters? Plots that are actually interesting, rather than just set-ups for gags? I love Futurama, and the rumors that John DiMaggio is throwig around about a movie coming out next year are making my mouth water!

Here's a picture of my favourite character, who really should have been used more often. His episodes are hands down my favourites of the series:

Old 03-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Yep, I agree. Hell is other Robots is one of my favorite episodes, but i can't remember which exactly are my favorites, the one I told you about on a pm is my fav i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 03-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Got the box set with all four seasons on it, nearing the end of season three. Love this program and definately cancelled before its time.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 03-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Evil Puppy

I guess it was just too costly to produce, I'm watching it right now actually. Am I the only one INCREDIBLY psyched about the movie?
Old 03-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Your funeral... my trial

Good show, I miss it a lot actually. My favorite episode is the one where Kif tries to be a tough guy to impress Amy. Am I the only one who wishes the Simpsons had been cancelled instead of Futurama? Don't get me wrong, I still love the (old) Simpsons, but the show is so obviously past its prime. Ah well.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Banned

i've only seen a couple of minutes of this show ..
whats the basic premise ? i understood from the few minutes
i saw that the 'normal guy' is from the past somehow.

why does the girl have one eye (is she a mutant or an alien ?)
Old 03-15-2006, 11:17 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i've only seen a couple of minutes of this show ..
whats the basic premise ? i understood from the few minutes
i saw that the 'normal guy' is from the past somehow.

why does the girl have one eye (is she a mutant or an alien ?)
The basic premise is a pizza delivery boy from modern day New York gets sent on a prank delivery, and accidentally falls into a cryogenic freezing tube, where he lies i suspened animation for the next 1000 years, only to wake up on New Years Eve 2999! He ends up finding his Great x500 uncle, who is a senile old man who runs Planet Express, an interstellar delivery company. He gets roped into working for him, and is back to the same dead-end job he had 100 years ago...

As for the chick with 1 eye. At first she is said to be an alien that was abanoned on Earth, but it is later revealed that her parents are a part of the mutant tribe who live in the sewers beneath New New York.

You can get the 1st season boxset for $15 brand new, and Im sure you could find it for less at a used shop. I highly recomend checking it out, if you're a fan of The Simpsons and other such shows.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return

You can get the 1st season boxset for $15 brand new, and Im sure you could find it for less at a used shop. I highly recomend checking it out, if you're a fan of The Simpsons and other such shows.
i do like the simpsons .. have all the boxsets so far.

how many seasons are there of futurama ?
Old 03-15-2006, 11:41 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

5 seasons, 4 boxsets. Each set isn't a full season, they're usually part of 2....for example, Volume 1 has all of the first season, then some of the second. Vol. 2 has the rest of the second season and part of the third....so and and so forth. At the moment I only have Vol. 1, but Im planning on getting the next one in a couple weeks.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
5 seasons, 4 boxsets. Each set isn't a full season, they're usually part of 2....for example, Volume 1 has all of the first season, then some of the second. Vol. 2 has the rest of the second season and part of the third....so and and so forth. At the moment I only have Vol. 1, but Im planning on getting the next one in a couple weeks.
the ren and stimpy boxsets do that too ..
freaking annoying