Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-26-2006, 01:25 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

its all stupid but i watch t anyways (alias was sooooooooooooo much better!!)

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 09-26-2006, 07:44 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Alias never interested me, but I've heard from several people that it's pretty cool.

I have a theory about Lost. Let me know what you guys think of it...

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!!

Okay, obviously there is something supernatural about the island they are on. The black smoke that approached Echo, the magnetic field, the whispers in the trees (Is that supposed to be The Others?) the fact that Desmond sailed away from it for 2.5 weeks and ended up back in the same place, it's peculiar effect on supposedly permanent physical disablities, etc...

And like someone else mentioned in this thread, none of the characters are actually real good or real evil, but more shades of gray.

So what I was thinking is this... And like I said it's just a theory I've been wondering about. I have nothing to base it on...

What if everyone on the plane died and the island they are on is the Christian post-death spot "purgatory"?

(In Christian lore, someone that isn't a saint, but they aren't real evil either ends up going to Purgatory when they die. It's comparable to hell, except that it's temporary and when they have paid for their sins, they are allowed in to Heaven.)

I can't shake the feeling that in the end it will turn out being something like this, but then again, I could be completely wrong. Any thoughts?

Also, has anyone noticed that Libby shows up in (usually as just a brief cameo) in almost all of the flashbacks in season 2? She was in the mental ward with Hurley, she gave her sailboat to Desmond, she asked someone (forgot who) if they were alright while having an arguement at the airport. It just seems like she is in waaaay too many of the flashbacks to be pure coincidence. Something is up with that character too.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to azathoth777 Send a message via Yahoo to azathoth777
Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!!
Okay, obviously there is something supernatural about the island they are on. The black smoke that approached Echo, the magnetic field, the whispers in the trees (Is that supposed to be The Others?) the fact that Desmond sailed away from it for 2.5 weeks and ended up back in the same place, it's peculiar effect on supposedly permanent physical disablities, etc...

And like someone else mentioned in this thread, none of the characters are actually real good or real evil, but more shades of gray.

So what I was thinking is this... And like I said it's just a theory I've been wondering about. I have nothing to base it on...

What if everyone on the plane died and the island they are on is the Christian post-death spot "purgatory"?

(In Christian lore, someone that isn't a saint, but they aren't real evil either ends up going to Purgatory when they die. It's comparable to hell, except that it's temporary and when they have paid for their sins, they are allowed in to Heaven.)

I can't shake the feeling that in the end it will turn out being something like this, but then again, I could be completely wrong. Any thoughts?

Also, has anyone noticed that Libby shows up in (usually as just a brief cameo) in almost all of the flashbacks in season 2? She was in the mental ward with Hurley, she gave her sailboat to Desmond, she asked someone (forgot who) if they were alright while having an arguement at the airport. It just seems like she is in waaaay too many of the flashbacks to be pure coincidence. Something is up with that character too.
Interesting theory. I can see some reason behind this, but let me ask this, where do Micheal and Walt go when they leave? Are they going to Heaven/Hell as opposed to being rescued?
And what about Desmond ex-fiance at the end. What is she looking for? Is she alive?(Desmond compass was probably screwed up by the magnetics of the island)
Is everyone on the island dead? Who are the 'others'? Angels taking the chosen to heaven, maybe.

Jakes father was also in quite a few peoples flash backs...
i demand and expect quality.
right now, once and for all.
quality time.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by azathoth777
Interesting theory. I can see some reason behind this, but let me ask this, where do Micheal and Walt go when they leave? Are they going to Heaven/Hell as opposed to being rescued?
And what about Desmond ex-fiance at the end. What is she looking for? Is she alive?(Desmond compass was probably screwed up by the magnetics of the island)
Is everyone on the island dead? Who are the 'others'? Angels taking the chosen to heaven, maybe.

Jakes father was also in quite a few peoples flash backs...
Well Michael & Walt just left, so it's yet to be determined where they are going but Michael could be on his way to Hell easily considering his recent actions. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if they end back at the island again. The 2nd season left a lot of open ended questions and when they get answered, they could end up blowing this theory out of the water, but I was thinking that The Others were probably dead too. Although angels is another good option for them too. Desmond's ex-fiance could still be looking for him, despite him being dead although I have no idea how/why an alaram would have went off in the arctic (Season 3 will explain that I'm sure.)

Yeah, I've noticed Jack's dad in a lot of the flashbacks too. Not sure what's up with that.

I realize my theory isn't airtight yet, but it's just more of a hunch I have. Season 3 could come along and destroy it right away, but for now I can't rule it out yet.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:51 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

thats the oldest theory ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats what everyone thought when it first aired....sorry but that's past.....itll be something sooooo not interesting and pointless but because we think its something strange and fantastical it becomes so. and if they were meant to be dead from the start then jj abrams is gonna change it and probably always changing it to stay away from internet rumours....i mean look at the strangeness of the alias storylines

Old 10-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Scares Little Kids

The 2nd season was way better then the first, cos stuff actually happened!!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:50 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

stuff always happened just too slow for anyone to notice. if you look back on the first 2 seasons then you can see all the things that have happened but as you're watching it.....nothing happens......its like you're in a time warp

Old 10-05-2006, 01:17 AM

I thought Season 3 started off pretty cool.

I also just am not on the same page with you guys in terms of stuff happening. To me, it seemed like SO MUCH stuff happened every episode that it gets hard to remember where everyone's at.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to azathoth777 Send a message via Yahoo to azathoth777
It was a pretty good start, but for once I'll say I wish more had really happened to advance the story. I was hoping alittle more would be explained.
I also wonder how much longer they will keep up the flashbacks. Not that they're bad or irrelevant to what's currently happening, it's just it could become a little tiresome, and a little forced. How many instances from there past life can so directly relate to events on the island before it startes to seem contrived?
i demand and expect quality.
right now, once and for all.
quality time.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:12 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

the flashbacks did add depth to the show but in 3.1 jacks falshbacks were all over the place and annoying.......at least we know where the polar bear came from!