Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-11-2006, 11:10 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

i already kinda love this show.....michael is great, his drab demenour and the dry tone of his voice fits perfect for this role......plus julie benz as his weird girlfriend. i like how we empathise and understand his character even tho he kills people but wev got no-one else to follow so are kinda stuck with him. and its not too far away from the death of 6ft under....nicley shot show.

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 10-11-2006, 03:14 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Looks pretty awesome, will check it out once it makes it to DVD.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:07 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

yeah the 3rd episode ...i think.........opened his view on life a lot more.....like his judgment being wrong.....tis a good show, so far

Old 10-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Hellraiser

Thumbs up reply

Julie Benz has had a real wide range of acting roles in her career. This one is no exception. That's what people like about her.... she is not afraid to try to play something different. I was reading up on the show after watching it and this is what Michael C. Hall had to say about "Dexter"..... "Dexter is a cowboy who wears a 10-gallon grey hat. I think people should be torn. It fosters a sense of conflict- I'm rooting for someone who is doing something that I , along with pretty much everybody else , would on paper suggest is reprehensible."
I personally think that people will root for Dexter instead of Sgt . Doakes :) mrsbelalugosi13
Old 10-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Taxslave

Prediction

I love this show! What a cool idea! I think I know who the Ice truck killer is already though. I predict that the killer is Dexters sister. I'm interested to know what you all think... am I crazy for thinking that?
Old 10-28-2006, 03:12 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

my friend is reading the first book....i dont wanna know what happens....well perhaps i do but it take the enjoyment out of watching it......the opening titles creep me out

Old 10-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Hellraiser

Thumbs up reply

Everyone has their theories but who knows you may be right. It is fun to use our imagination and think about different spoiler theories.... especially about a show that we just can't get enough of. I loved Jennifer Carpenter in "The Excorsicm of Emily Rose." She is great in this series too as Debra Morgan.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:51 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

she is great but i think she gets overshadowed by julie benz....but both are really really good, just with benz being in buffy and angel for those fans

Old 11-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Evil Dead

Absolutely addicted to this show. Just bought the first book a few weeks back, and I'm waiting until the series finishes until I touch it. Do a comparison of sorts, but I don't want anything to be spoiled in the meantime.

Oh, and it's been picked up for a full 13 episode first season, and another 13 episode second season. It's currently Showtime's #1 series, and it got there quite easily from what I heard.

SORT OF SPOILERS (just my thoughts, and guesses as to what will come)

In my opinion, I'd go against the theory that the killer is Dexter's sister. I'm not sure about it though. My mother thinks she is. "Come on Dexter, I want to play too!" had me rethinking my stance. But I'm sure it was just thrown in there to throw you off.

Tomorrow night couldn't come soon enough. :)

Dexter currently airs on Showtime (US) and The Movie Network / Movie Central (CAN).
Old 11-05-2006, 02:05 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

what else does showtime show....cause i can see why this is a number one show but i dont know what its up against?