Old 11-10-2004, 04:52 PM
FILMMAKER

Need Help From Horror Fans!

Hi,

I am an Academy Award nominated documentary filmmaker and I'm making my first narrative short film. It's a horror/vampire/ thriller and THE SCRIPT IS FIRST CLASS!

I need to raise money for the production (shooting begins in December) and I am asking any of you for any donation you can possibly swing.

This is not an investment - these films never make money - but I can offer an invitation to the premier screening in Los Angeles at Universal Studios and your name in the tail credits.

You can read the screenplay at my website (www.cinetrope.com) - it's called THE SHAVE - and the final version will be put up in a few days.

If you are interested in being a part of this film, plese contact me at [email protected] and we'll figure out how to recieve your donation.
Thanks!!!!
Aaron
Old 11-11-2004, 04:38 AM

I would like to donate a big "Fuck You", now can I be in the credits?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:51 AM
Banned

Re: Need Help From Horror Fans!

Quote:
Originally posted by FILMMAKER
Hi,

I'm making my first narrative short film. It's a horror/vampire/ thriller and THE SCRIPT IS FIRST CLASS!

wow thank god - i thought it was going to be just another one of those sci-fi/vampire/dramas
Old 11-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Horror Fan

Re: Need Help From Horror Fans!

Quote:
Originally posted by FILMMAKER
Hi,

I am an Academy Award nominated documentary filmmaker and I'm making my first narrative short film. It's a horror/vampire/ thriller and THE SCRIPT IS FIRST CLASS!

I need to raise money for the production (shooting begins in December) and I am asking any of you for any donation you can possibly swing.

This is not an investment - these films never make money - but I can offer an invitation to the premier screening in Los Angeles at Universal Studios and your name in the tail credits.

You can read the screenplay at my website (www.cinetrope.com) - it's called THE SHAVE - and the final version will be put up in a few days.

If you are interested in being a part of this film, plese contact me at [email protected] and we'll figure out how to recieve your donation.
Thanks!!!!
Aaron
I'd like an invitation to the set to give my input. I took a film class and have graduated from High School and have seen "Blacula".

Old 11-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Now she has us.

I'll post you a dollar.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 11-12-2004, 04:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to ThenThereWasOne Send a message via Yahoo to ThenThereWasOne
First there's a wave of the "Send Me Your Scripts and Stories" people and now the "Just Send Me Your Money" people arrive (his first post I notice). How about getting a job, Aaron ? Recycling cans ? Selling blood ? Anything is better than arriving at some forum, announcing yourself as an 'Academy Award Nominated' whatever (meaning you lost) and expecting complete strangers to throw cash to you. If you did such great work, I'm sure there's plenty of people you would already know willing to part with a few bucks based on your work. Save YOUR own money to make YOUR film. I do. Thanks for stopping by though. Good luck with your film. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out of here.
CK

Last edited by ThenThereWasOne; 11-12-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Evil Dead

Hey, at least he was honest about it not being an investment. Shorts rarely do see a payoff. I pay for my own films too, but it is really breaking a golden rule to do so.

RIght now I am acting as co-producer on another production and my job is to get donations of goods to get the film done. Most of them are promotional items that will be featured in the film, so the people donating are guarenteed a certain amount of publicity, but only as much as we get an audience.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:01 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by ThenThereWasOne
Anything is better than arriving at some forum, announcing yourself as an 'Academy Award Nominated' whatever (meaning you lost) and expecting complete strangers to throw cash to you. If you did such great work, I'm sure there's plenty of people you would already know willing to part with a few bucks based on your work.

Old 11-14-2004, 07:15 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
1) What were you nominated for, bitch? Was it that shitty Spelling-Bee documentary?

2) If you were nominated for an Oscar, then you don't need money from OUR poor asses

3) If you do need money, sell Semen. It's fun and easy.

4) Fuck You

5) Fuck You

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 11-14-2004, 08:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to ThenThereWasOne Send a message via Yahoo to ThenThereWasOne
LMAO. Honest, yes, but bad etiquette. The guy didn't bother to at least introduce himself and get flamed (as is the custom), nor did he post to any other topics. I've grown so annoyed with people showing up to pimp out their site, film, whatever when they offer nothing of interest to any discussions and don't participate in anything that doesn't somehow benefit them directly. Product placement/publicity for items is one thing. A company is getting something in return. Going to a genre-based forum and saying "send me this/ send me that" is something completely different. I take exception to these guys wanting handouts for money, stories, ideas, whatever from the fans who buy the films in the first place. There are film sites where there are investors you can contact about getting your film made. If they're not interested, maybe your idea needs some work. I'd rather see the 12 year old's film he made for $200 of his own money and his own idea than some film made from some beggar's money, by a borrowed idea and sold on some web site that's hosting it for "free" myself. Enough is enough already. There should be a sticky post at the top saying 'No Soliciting' at the top of the Indie threads here.
CK