Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Who knows?

Send a message via AIM to evil_blonde
Re: Need Help From Horror Fans!

Quote:
Originally posted by FILMMAKER
- it's called THE SHAVE -
Ohhh sounds intense!!
Old 11-15-2004, 11:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to ThenThereWasOne Send a message via Yahoo to ThenThereWasOne
Quote:
Ohhh sounds intense!!
Is it by chance based on my avatar ? LOL
CK
Old 11-16-2004, 01:37 AM
My fucking sunblock blows

Re: Need Help From Horror Fans!

Quote:
Originally posted by FILMMAKER
Hi,

I am an Academy Award nominated documentary filmmaker and I'm making my first narrative short film. It's a horror/vampire/ thriller and THE SCRIPT IS FIRST CLASS!

I need to raise money for the production (shooting begins in December) and I am asking any of you for any donation you can possibly swing.

This is not an investment - these films never make money - but I can offer an invitation to the premier screening in Los Angeles at Universal Studios and your name in the tail credits.

You can read the screenplay at my website (www.cinetrope.com) - it's called THE SHAVE - and the final version will be put up in a few days.

If you are interested in being a part of this film, plese contact me at [email protected] and we'll figure out how to recieve your donation.
Thanks!!!!
Aaron
Hey dickweed, I'm making a short film myself starring my foot and your ass!!!!! The title of the film is called Get The Fuck Outta Here!

The Termin00ber!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
Old 11-16-2004, 08:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to ThenThereWasOne Send a message via Yahoo to ThenThereWasOne
Why not just have another board here that includes "Pimping Shit No One Wants To Hear About" and "Need Stories, Money and Other Scams", then corral all the newbies that fit into one of these two categories so everyone can ignore them completely ? After a week, all users who have posted there can be deleted. When it fills up again in another week, repeat.
CK
Old 11-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Evil Dead

You know, I didn't even notice the 1 post. I just don't look for that. I do think the title of the post should be honest about what is inside to keep people from wasting time.

It is like people who list "production jobs" on Craiglist that do not pay. Craiglist.org even has a section for non-paid or deferred paid "gigs" to list on, so why not be upfront about it. Pretending people will get paid until the interview process is just a waste of everyone's time.

Did I go off topic?
Old 11-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Can you dig it ?

ADOM,
darthvonpokemon from Fangoria here (aka DVP aka N0Hypocrites aka ThenThereWasOne, etc - I have a tendency to be repeatedly banned here for reasons still unknown, but that is another thread entirely). This whole topic reflects back and forth on my fango post about people suddenly arriving and wanting 1) money 2) stories 3) films 4) investors 5) any of the above. None of them contribute anything but the need to make money off of someone else's film. I hope after reading some of the other topics, you'll understand why I hate these vultures so much (since there was asimilar "hosting for free" topic here as well). It doesn't kill anyone to have a free website, put their trailer up for people to see and hope for a sale. Splitting that little bit of money with someone to "host" it for you is insane for that reason. I still like the idea of an entire trailer site myself
CK
Old 11-25-2004, 11:57 PM
Evil Dead

I am working with some film makers here in FL on the trailer site. Once we have it together I'll announce it on Fango. I think to keep it FREE (truly free) people will have to host their own video as well, unless I can find someone to donate the space. One page with alphabetical links sorted by genre that lead to individual pages. Each page has to have a link back. Something simple like watchmymovie.com to make it easy to promote. 100 directors promoting one site, is better than everyone just pushing their own.

BTW, Morbidfilm on the Fango board suggested we list our flick on Ebay. It's great. You put up, two days later, its sold for more money that you wanted. We'll see how long that lasts.

I like the idea of trailer exchanging too. If you have similar topiced films, like werewolves or zombies you trade off trailers with another director to help sell each other's flicks. We've been including flyers for other directors' movies in with our shipping. I don't know if it has helped anyone yet, but it costs me the same amount to ship the DVD alone, so why not?

BTW, I don't trust those guys from Fango. Their site doesn't even work. Like I said, I'd split my money with someone who could move 2000 units or more, but these guys sound like they would be lucky to match my online sales.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Can you dig it ?

That's the right idea, Adom. Letting some collect money off your film is never a good idea as far as I'm concerned regardless of hosting it or what not.
CK
Old 11-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Evil Dead

invest this
Old 11-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Can you dig it ?

Cool. Keep me posted on the trailer site. I think it's a great idea.
CK
(<---under new monicker again LOL)