Old 07-12-2019, 06:43 PM
病気の

Crawl, 2019. 6/10

Director: Alexandre Aja

The lead chick bugged the fuck outta me with her moaning and grunting as she tries to survive this ordeal. Annoying.

This wasn't too bad but the reflecting of everything you've done wrong in your life while waiting to die was mainstream and boring. *sighs*

My mind wandered on occasion to the film, Deep Blue Sea. <3 I rather watch that.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:38 AM
Evil Dead

A Quiet Place
Old 07-13-2019, 06:36 AM
病気の

Darlin, 2019. 5/10

Director: Pollyanna McIntosh

Thumb resize.

Meh.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:46 PM
basementdwellingnay-sayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I haven't heard of this one but I'll check it out since Cthulhu stuff is pretty good. But I'm not running to see it as if it's an odd gay love story then that's not really for me. I remember a guy in government once saying that he had no interest in a gay cowboy movie about that one movie that was popular some years ago.

Still who knows where society is headed as I remember posting about a horror remake that I liked but the movie has an implied gay scene with a guy and a girl. And fairly recently I saw a news story about a TV show by the Matrix brothers, now called siblings but the interview was with a person I thought was a girl but it turns out they transitioned from being a guy. So who knows.

I saw someone say they were looking forward to this horror movie somewhere and put it on my list. I see the movie is getting a few stories on movie news sites that I check. I haven't seen the trailer but I'm looking forward to seeing if it is good or not.
The story is actually really good. The main actor is a little annoying but yeah, the story is good just keep your hand next to the fast forward button because of that certain scene I was talking about. You can't ff too much though because there is an important part immediately after that.

And no this isn't "subtext" like Nightmare on Elm Street 2, when I saw that as a kid I didn't even know. I just thought the story sucked with Freddy in the real world. This is blatant but like I said if you can get past that and ff a scene, it's good.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:10 PM
病気の

Sightseers, 2012. 8/10

Director: Ben Wheatley

Thumb resize.

Parts of this was brutal as fuck! I forgot how much I love you Ben Wheatley.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:28 PM
Evil Dead

CRY BABY (1990). John Waters musical about differences between classes and how love can overcome. Plays a lot like an Elvis Presley movie, but the cast alone makes this worth checking out, if nothing else. ***
Old 07-16-2019, 02:26 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Thumbs up

Pet sematary remake
Old 07-16-2019, 09:47 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile View Post
The story is actually really good. The main actor is a little annoying but yeah, the story is good just keep your hand next to the fast forward button because of that certain scene I was talking about. You can't ff too much though because there is an important part immediately after that.

And no this isn't "subtext" like Nightmare on Elm Street 2, when I saw that as a kid I didn't even know. I just thought the story sucked with Freddy in the real world. This is blatant but like I said if you can get past that and ff a scene, it's good.
I didn't know about Nightmare on Elm Street 2 either. It was one of those times it was on TV with info on the bottom that showed the subtext to me. And that was recently in the last few years or so.

But I too don't like Nightmare on Elm Street 2. It's the original and Part 4 for me. I want to rewatch Part 3 but I don't like the ending of that one. Also the ones after Part 4.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:23 AM
basementdwellingnay-sayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
But I too don't like Nightmare on Elm Street 2. It's the original and Part 4 for me. I want to rewatch Part 3 but I don't like the ending of that one. Also the ones after Part 4.
I consider part 3 dream warriors to be one of the best horror movies ever made, even if it isn't pure horror because of the comedy/one-liners in there.

To me part 3 and 1 are among the greatest of all time. Then 4 and Freddy's Dead I like a lot but they don't hold a candle to the greatness of 1 and 3. 2 and 5 to me were crap but there is a good scene or 2. I absolutely despise New Nightmare, Freddy vs Jason and the remake.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:51 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile View Post
I consider part 3 dream warriors to be one of the best horror movies ever made, even if it isn't pure horror because of the comedy/one-liners in there.

To me part 3 and 1 are among the greatest of all time. Then 4 and Freddy's Dead I like a lot but they don't hold a candle to the greatness of 1 and 3. 2 and 5 to me were crap but there is a good scene or 2. I absolutely despise New Nightmare, Freddy vs Jason and the remake.
I can't say I remember all that much of NOES 2 and 3, and oddly never saw 4 or 5. But I saw 3: Dreamwarriors at the theatre and enjoyed it. The effects were impressive.

Tags
movie