Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2003, 06:10 AM
Undead

Blow in the Catridge...

This is a loose horror topic, but it all works int he end.

I was wondering what video games people would like to see made into movies. It'd be nice to specifically stick with horror genre games, what with this being a horror forum, but feel free to stretch.

I thoroughly enjoyed Resident Evil's silver screen attempt, and await the sequel. As for the up-and-coming "House of the Dead", that looks terrible and not worth seeing.

Personally, I'd like to see the classic "7th Guest" made into a movie. It has a good story and plenty of freaky moments (although some work would need to be done on the action portion, since this was primarily a puzzle game.)

Does anyone have any games they remember that scared them that they'd like seen made into a movie?
Old 11-10-2003, 06:14 AM
Listen 2 Buckethead!

i saw that they made a movie about the game Alone In The Dark and it should have pretty good acting because christian slater and tara reid and gonna be starring in it as to which game i would like to see made into a movie im gonna have to say Doom
Old 11-10-2003, 06:26 AM
Undead

The doom series slipped my mind, but I agree. It'd be worth seeing.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:29 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
I think Doom would do well for it's fans, but not for the uncultured (:P)... Though the story line is a little hazy/thin for me, if the writer works hard enough, they could crank something really good out of it... I think one that should definately be done is a Silent Hill flick... that would be amazing... get the proper director, and this thing would scare the piss out of all that see it...

*FADE OUT*
Old 11-10-2003, 07:38 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by ChaoticMinister
I think one that should definately be done is a Silent Hill flick... that would be amazing... get the proper director, and this thing would scare the piss out of all that see it...

*FADE OUT*
It is being done. Christophe Gans is directing. I would call him "proper."
Old 11-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Listen 2 Buckethead!

yea silent hill is being made and i kant wait for this 1 i hope if relates to the game a little more than the 1st resident evil did :)
Old 11-10-2003, 08:35 AM
Evil Dead

i heard that doom will be rated pg 13. i heard that a long time ago. just for the fact that pg 13 movies make more money. the game is dark and extremely violent. they better make the movie dark and extremely violent.

and i am looking forward to alone in the dark, but uwe boll is directing and he totally messed up house of the dead when he directed that. hopefully he doesn't mess up alone in the dark.

and leatha_face don't forget that stephen dorff will be in alone in teh dark as well. so hopefully he makes up for tara reids horrible acting skills.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by dabruce16
i heard that doom will be rated pg 13. i heard that a long time ago. just for the fact that pg 13 movies make more money. the game is dark and extremely violent. they better make the movie dark and extremely violent.

and i am looking forward to alone in the dark, but uwe boll is directing and he totally messed up house of the dead when he directed that. hopefully he doesn't mess up alone in the dark.

and leatha_face don't forget that stephen dorff will be in alone in teh dark as well. so hopefully he makes up for tara reids horrible acting skills.
Slater and Dorff rock. It had better be good.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:31 AM
Listen 2 Buckethead!

it most likely will :)
Old 11-10-2003, 01:41 PM
Evil Dead

dorff was good in blade and also that one stupid ass fear dot com. but sadly he couldn't save fear dot com. he is a great actor.