Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 11-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Scary car guy...

For the car folks.... List of smashed cars by movie

I can't stand it to watch a great classic car get smashed to pieces for one scene. ESPECIALLY when the newer lame car gets away!? WTF??

Christine - 1958 Plymouth Fury (eventhough Fury's didn't come in red and or with some of the options of the movie car). I've seen this movies a gazillion times, as it's one of my favorites and I still cringe when I see the gang sneak into Darnell's and smash it all to hell. Especially when they take the hammer to the instrument cluster and radio. Do you know how rare those pieces are!?! Damn....

Wrong Turn - 1967 Mustang coupe smashed into Range Rover parked in the middle of the road. Pay attention to the road dude... quit dickin' with the cassette deck

Duel - 4 door Plymouth Valiant, no real big loss here. I'm more saddened by the loss of that needle nose Pete at the end! What a great truck. Luckily it was a stunt double that went over the cliff. I've seen the real truck featured in magazines.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Scary car guy...

(Part II hit pic limit)

New Texas Chainsaw Massacre - They roll a badass 1st gen Bronco. Jackasses.

The Hitcher - Olds 442 gets rolled into ditch and destroyed.

Maximum Overdrive - A couple of cool old cars get smashed up in the drawbridge scene. I rememeber a pretty cool International Scout and an old Ford dump truck getting mangled. Too bad.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Scary car guy...

(Part III)

Phantasm - Luckily nothing happened to the 'cuda, but how could they flip a Good Humor ice cream truck on it's side? C'mon! :)

Alright, now even I'm not so naive that I think these cars are pristine. Most are usually turds that are whored up to look good on camera... but it still makes me wince.

I've often thought of making a short little nitty gritty horror movie where one of my cars was the star. Maybe one day. But you can bet they won't be destroyed! :D

The Studebaker is a project, but the Willys I drive all the time.

How about the rest of you. Can you recall any movies where a sweet ride gets trashed or destroyed in a horror flick?

-Chris
Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Banned

1969 Dodge Charger R/T from Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Old 11-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Scares Little Kids

The ultra-rare horror flick Crash! (1977) has at least 50 classic cars destroyed by a demon-possessed Camaro (and yes it's as crappy as it sounds) :D
Old 11-03-2011, 07:05 PM
From The Beyond

There is a US film called Dead Of Night 1974 you should check out mainly for the first story.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Scary car guy...

Was out of town for a few days with no access to the computer, sorry about the last responses.

Thanks for the suggestions on the other movies to keep an eye out for!

I'm always on the lookout for horror movies with classic cars in them. I know not a lot of horror movies have them featured, but it's a nice bonus for me when the bad guy/good guy is in a badass car.